General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    11 Oct '16 11:46
    http://www.greatbigstory.com/stories/bull-leaping-is-100-percent-insanity/?xrs=CNNHP

    The trick is to not get impaled just dodge it best way you can and then get points from judges. Bull walks away, hopefully the recortador does too.
  2. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    22659
    11 Oct '16 13:47
    Really beautiful!

    Not like the disgusting bullfighting where the bull has very little chance of surviving 😠

    Thanks for sharing.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    11 Oct '16 21:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.greatbigstory.com/stories/bull-leaping-is-100-percent-insanity/?xrs=CNNHP

    The trick is to not get impaled just dodge it best way you can and then get points from judges. Bull walks away, hopefully the recortador does too.
    Athens provide these bull-leapers as tribute to the EU for bailing out Greece.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2365
    11 Oct '16 21:41
    Bull leaping goes way back, at least as far as Minoan Crete.

    http://nationalgeographic.org/media/bull-leaping/
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    12 Oct '16 06:18
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Bull leaping goes way back, at least as far as Minoan Crete.

    http://nationalgeographic.org/media/bull-leaping/
    That fresco pretty much spells it out. I bet bull leaping is older than that too. We should find a shorter name for it, like Bleaping🙂
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    12 Oct '16 06:44
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Bull leaping goes way back, at least as far as Minoan Crete.

    http://nationalgeographic.org/media/bull-leaping/
    The Minoans got it from someone else in Middle East.
    They also used a now extinct monster bull.

    Also ... is it really Theseus's ship?
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2365
    12 Oct '16 10:20
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    We should find a shorter name for it, like Bleaping🙂
    Absolutely. And if the bleaper does a back flip or a summersault coming off the bull, it should be called blooping.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    12 Oct '16 10:45
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Absolutely. And if the bleaper does a back flip or a summersault coming off the bull, it should be called blooping.
    Or maybe baflipping.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2365
    12 Oct '16 12:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Or maybe baflipping.
    Naw, would be for when you fall off and flip off the bull as he's rounding on you to infiltrate his horn into your thorax.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    12 Oct '16 14:20
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Naw, would be for when you fall off and flip off the bull as he's rounding on you to infiltrate his horn into your thorax.
    So the announcer goes ' manuel Baflipps AGAIN, third time this week'.
  11. Joined
    28 May '14
    Moves
    1829
    15 Oct '16 15:03
    😀
Back to Top