New laws taking effect Jan 1st

New laws taking effect Jan 1st

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
138d

What new laws would you have liked to see taking effect on Jan 1st 2024?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
138d

Many will think me a killjoy for this but I would like to see a ban on the public sale of fireworks and firework displays for Guy Fawkes Night. With the decline of so many of our much loved wild birds I’m against any wild animals being subjected to these terrifying, explosive events.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
138d

A ban on all international travel; everyone needs to stay put, hunker down and wait for it all to blow over.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
138d

@drewnogal said
Many will think me a killjoy for this but I would like to see a ban on the public sale of fireworks and firework displays for Guy Fawkes Night. With the decline of so many of our much loved wild birds I’m against any wild animals being subjected to these terrifying, explosive events.
I agree on the public sale of fireworks, not sure about licensed displays though.

Is there corroborated correlation between the decline in certain birds and the use of fireworks on or around November 5th?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
138d

@divegeester said
I agree on the public sale of fireworks, not sure about licensed displays though.

Is there corroborated correlation between the decline in certain birds and the use of fireworks on or around November 5th?
I haven’t read anything upon it but birds can certainly be subjected to being frightened to death. I live opposite a woodland which is next to the rugby club. It hosts a fireworks display every year. I always pity the poor birds and creatures nearby.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
138d

No learner drivers to be allowed on the road between 07:00 - 23:59.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
138d
2 edits

@drewnogal said
I have come across a few wild Ukrainian birds over the years.
And plenty of Ukrainian foxes.
Bet they are scared now what with all the 'terrifying explosive events.'

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
138d

@drewnogal said
I haven’t read anything upon it but birds can certainly be subjected to being frightened to death. I live opposite a woodland which is next to the rugby club. It hosts a fireworks display every year. I always pity the poor birds and creatures nearby.
one day birds will have had enough
and evolve into dinosaurs
humans are toast

i think the congress should immediately pass a law prohibiting evolution

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
138d

@rookie54 said

i think the congress should immediately pass a law prohibiting evolution
I thought they had in certain states.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
137d
1 edit

@the-gravedigger said
I have come across a few wild Ukrainian birds over the years.
And plenty of Ukrainian foxes.
Bet they are scared now what with all the 'terrifying explosive events.'
I just don’t get the attraction of a fireworks display. Smoke, noise, flashing lights in the sky and a load of money up in smoke.

I really can’t recall a memorable display and haven’t bothered watching any of them on the TV this year.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
137d

@drewnogal said
I just don’t get the attraction of a fireworks display. Smoke, noise, flashing lights in the sky and a load of money up in smoke.

I really can’t recall a memorable display and haven’t bothered watching any of them on the TV this year.
I loved them as a child but can't be bothered with them now.

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
137d

In Australia a ban on one-off use vapes takes effect from today.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
137d

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
137d

@david-burton removed their quoted post
Makes sense, from your pov.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel