1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 10:40
    Coronavirus: 5 new presumptive cases in Nova Scotia, bringing provincial total to 12. None confirmed so far in Nova Scotia, but one in New Brunswick next Province over so I figure it is just a matter of time and things are just starting here.

-VR
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 10:46
    @very-rusty said
    Coronavirus: 5 new presumptive cases in Nova Scotia, bringing provincial total to 12. None confirmed so far in Nova Scotia, but one in New Brunswick next Province over so I figure it is just a matter of time and things are just starting here.

-VR
    A rough road ahead for all of us, but next year is going to be an amazing year. Lots of incredible sport to look forward to and a world where we appreciate being in the company of others.

Stay strong.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 11:00
    Newfoundland and Labrador would be the province and an Island next to us for those not familiar with the Geography.

TORONTO -- Health officials in Newfoundland and Labrador have announced some of Canada’s strictest measures aimed at slowing the spread COVID-19.

Speaking on Wednesday afternoon, the province’s Health Minister John Haggie declared a public health emergency and announced several strict penalties for those who fail to comply with provincial orders.

“By and large the level of compliance with our recommendations has been high, but again, our opportunity to flatten the curve is now, and we are seeing that this order, this declaration, enables penalties and consequences for non-compliance,” Haggie told reporters.

I never thought I would live to see the day Canada and the U.S.A. closed its boarders to each other for non essential entry, which means only those working or delivering goods would be permitted to cross. so much of our tourist industry comes from the U.S.A.....then I guess we could be much worst off as a lot of other parts of the world Italy comes first in my mind.

-VR
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 11:02
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    A rough road ahead for all of us, but next year is going to be an amazing year. Lots of incredible sport to look forward to and a world where we appreciate being in the company of others.

Stay strong.
    By the time this incredible contagion dissipates; I'd suspect nary an Inuit will remain untouched.

Strictly following the recommended official guidelines for prevention is all that we can do.

Be well, mate.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 11:04
    @wolfe63 said
    By the time this incredible contagion dissipates; I'd suspect nary an Inuit will remain untouched.

Strictly following the recommended official guidelines for prevention is all that we can do.

Be well, mate.
    You too Mr Wolfe.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 11:27
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    We now have 3 confirmed cases in Nova Scotia. All 3 are travel related.

-VR
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 11:281 edit
    @wolfe63 said
    We are not that far North but I am sure you correct about that.

EDIT: I don't even know if us hardy Canadians could survive their cold temperatures.

-VR
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 15:31
    @Very-Rusty
    Running away is only a delaying tactic. Eventually all humans will have this virus in their bodies and the weak ones immunologically speaking will die. That probably includes my wife and maybe me too, she is 75 with diabetes and asthma and other medical problems and I am 78 but so far healthy so don't know how long we will last with this one.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 15:471 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Very-Rusty
    Running away is only a delaying tactic. Eventually all humans will have this virus in their bodies and the weak ones immunologically speaking will die. That probably includes my wife and maybe me too, she is 75 with diabetes and asthma and other medical problems and I am 78 but so far healthy so don't know how long we will last with this one.
    There really is no place to run....I wish you and your wife all the best and hope you both survive this killer virus! I don't know if you believe in prayer but will remember you and your wife in my prayers, you are only a name on a list here on the site, but I know you are flesh and blood like the rest of us. Perhaps this will help bring people closer together? I couldn't believe a couple of neighbours actually asked me if we needed anything and if they could get anything for us, and to let them know if we did. I thought that was a very kind gesture. They probably heard about my wife being diabetic and having pneumonia....She appears to be on mend now after 7 days of taking antibiotics. I know we still have a long road ahead of us as far as this virus is concerned.
    Again all the best to you and your wife sonhouse!

-VR
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 21:28
    How quickly things happen we now have 800 across canada who tested positive.

That was fast in a short time.

-VR
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Mar '20 12:28
    Update: 5 confirmed cases.
    9 presumptive

-VR
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 21:07
    @very-rusty said
    Update: 5 confirmed cases.
    9 presumptive

-VR
    WE now have 21 cases.

8 confirmed
    11 presumptive
    1 in hospital My niece a nurse is looking after the 1 in hospital now. She will not be visiting or doesn't want anyone visiting her.
    1 was realeased They all were involved in travel and and run from late teens to 70's!!!

-VR
  13. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 21:12
    @very-rusty said
    WE now have 21 cases.

8 confirmed
    11 presumptive
    1 in hospital My niece a nurse is looking after the 1 in hospital now. She will not be visiting or doesn't want anyone visiting her.
    1 was realeased They all were involved in travel and and run from late teens to 70's!!!

-VR
    why give us a play by play?
    be safe and stfu
    it's happening all over the world
    it's called a pandemic
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 21:15
    @lemondrop said
    why give us a play by play?
    be safe and stfu
    it's happening all over the world
    it's called a pandemic
    Hint stay out of the thread if you don't want to know.

Others may be interested you are not the only one on the site.

Go play with the math teacher!

-VR
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 15:122 edits
    Macdonald's is only doing drive through now just started that to day so unable to get the stickers on the phone apps as they only work inside. I mostly miss socializing in there though.

I may throw a party for everyone when this is all over there is a small group of 20-30 of us who have known each other for years.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree