1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 23:28
    Opinions

In my opinion, 2013 has been a fantastic year; thanks to the May upgrades, Red Hot Pawn
    is now more appealing than its ever been; and that each new day is an undeserved gift.

Yours?
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 23:53
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Opinions

and that each new day is an undeserved gift.[/b]
    I feel that way to Bobby, but I chalk it up to poor health and old age. 🙂
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Aug '13 18:20
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I feel that way to Bobby, but I chalk it up to poor health and old age. 🙂
    CP, the frequent nibbling of the insignificant mice pales in comparison to the eventual charge of the elephants. (imo)
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Sep '13 07:01
    [b]Opinions

In my opinion, 2013 has been a fantastic year; thanks to the May upgrades, Red Hot Pawn
    is now more appealing than its ever been; and that each new day is an undeserved gift.

Yours?[/b]
    Don't judge the day before it is over.

I was quite happy with the old RHP, but I am used to the new design now.

And each day is a gift. It is in the word that it is undeserved 😉
  5. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    15 Sep '13 08:17
    [b]Opinions

Yours?[/b]
    There is the line of thinking that people are too opinionated. The little captain in my brain sees the world in such a way and assumes that every other little captain in other people's brains see the world in the same way. Of course, this is an illusion. My opinion is, in my opinion, of no importance or interest to anyone else. Perhaps some people are too free with their opinions, as they assume that they are right and everyone else wrong. I might have an opinion about whether Assad is gassing his own people, but it is only an opinion uncorroborated by empirical fact and, therefore, of little importance to anyone, apart from my little captain.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '13 11:43
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    There is the line of thinking that people are too opinionated. The little captain in my brain sees the world in such a way and assumes that every other little captain in other people's brains see the world in the same way. Of course, this is an illusion. My opinion is, in my opinion, of no importance or interest to anyone else. Perhaps some people are too ...[text shortened]... by empirical fact and, therefore, of little importance to anyone, apart from my little captain.
    Would your little captain accept an informal invitation from my little captain to meet in some Seedy piano bar in the middle of an ocean to listen to the music, such as it is and/or may become, while watching the contents of few glasses of wine disappear without offering the least opinion about the bar or the music or chess or the ocean voyage thus far or the wine?
  7. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    15 Sep '13 20:01
    Would your little captain accept an informal invitation from my little captain to meet in some Seedy piano bar in the middle of an ocean to listen to the music, such as it is and/or may become, while watching the contents of few glasses of wine disappear without offering the least opinion about the bar or the music or chess or the ocean voyage thus far or the wine?
    Sounds too good to resist.......
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '13 22:28
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    Sounds too good to resist.......
    Whenever the little colony side captain senses an unexpected festival of kindred
    spirits he gets the same frisson of excitement and anticipation every time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree