Our general forum is stuck...

General

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jul 12

Our general forum is stuck on personality differences and people. Haven't you noticed the shortage of conversational opportunities on topics concerning issues of the day and new ideas?

gb

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
11 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Our general forum is stuck...

Our general forum is stuck on personality differences and people. Haven't you noticed the shortage of conversational opportunities on topics concerning issues of the day and new ideas?

gb[/b]
Your name appears 22 (now 21) times on page one alone of this forum. You dominate this forum, so any problems you perceive or trends you notice are your own doing.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
11 Jul 12

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Your name appears 22 (now 21) times on page one alone of this forum. You dominate this forum, so any problems you perceive or trends you notice are your own doing.
You also have to count all the people who won't post because of one thing or another...

Also old threads have an appeal which is missed by some.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
11 Jul 12
1 edit

I'm glad you managed 'Our', and not 'My' ... 🙂

Or maybe you were referring to yourself and VR? 😕

-m. 😀

"Haven't you noticed the shortage of conversational opportunities on topics concerning issues of the day and new ideas?"

- These are generally found in debates, science, culture, sports and other forums introduced for those reasons.

The general forum is for general posting, not deep conversational or 'meaningful' content - but you know this by now, after 5 years, surely?

If you don't like the snips then don't make the quips... 😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jul 12

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You count?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jul 12

Originally posted by Ponderable
You also have to count all the people who won't post because of one thing or another...

Also old threads have an appeal which is missed by some.
People who choose not to post have their own good reasons. Many read frequently without posting. Old threads die because of lack of interest.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jul 12

Originally posted by mikelom
I'm glad you managed 'Our', and not 'My' ... 🙂

Or maybe you were referring to yourself and VR? 😕

-m. 😀
Let it go, Mikey. You're urinating in your own soup.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
11 Jul 12

Let it go, Mikey. You're urinating in your own soup.
No! I'm urinating in yours, and you don't like the taste. 😉

-Mikey....... better than Jack. 🙂

-m.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
11 Jul 12

People who choose not to post have their own good reasons. Many read frequently without posting. Old threads die because of lack of interest.
Old threads die, because they are closed...

Felis Australis

Australia

Moves
11 Jul 12

After 60 days of inactivity, anyway. After all, this is the General Forum, meant for odds and ends and not for serious discussions. Why would you expect otherwise?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
11 Jul 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
After 60 days of inactivity, anyway. After all, this is the General Forum, meant for odds and ends and not for serious discussions. Why would you expect otherwise?
Because of the sticky thread, which has been called pointless umpteenth times without dying...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jul 12

Originally posted by mikelom
No! I'm urinating in yours, and you don't like the taste. 😉

-Mikey....... better than Jack. 🙂

-m.
You're an adult?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jul 12

Originally posted by Ponderable
Because of the sticky thread, which has been called pointless umpteenth times without dying...
Comparisons are odious. For whatever the reasons, people sem to continue to enjoy it. Let it be.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
11 Jul 12

Comparisons are odious. For whatever the reasons, people sem to continue to enjoy it. Let it be.
I post, when it happens to drop from page 1 😉

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
11 Jul 12

You're an adult?
You should have named this thread "Be honest with me so I can insult you."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.