1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 02:07
    @johnnybike said
    @Suzianne The disease originated in Wuhan did it not?
    The same thing happened with sars, very much a Chinese created illness the world has to deal with and it will happen again as long as they keep their kill everything, eat everything market approach. Bats apparently caused the sars outbreak, I mean... just why. I’ve seen markets in Asia, live chickens being killed and cut up infront of each other, everything mixed, add in more species that the Chinese eat and it’s bound to happen.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 09:41
    @lemondrop said
    why do you call it the wohan flu?
    racist?
    Wuhan isn’t a race it’s a city, doofus.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 09:44
    @suzianne said
    Wuhan is in China.
    Yes, you're being racist.
    You are blaming the Chinese for the outbreak.
    Don’t be so utterly ridiculous. Your stupidity makes real racism meaningless. Is the “Spanish Flu” racist against the Spanish?

Next thing you weirdos will be suggesting is renaming the “Black Death”.

Jeez.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 09:54
    @divegeester said
    Don’t be so utterly ridiculous. Your stupidity makes real racism meaningless. Is the “Spanish Flu” racist against the Spanish?

Next thing you weirdos will be suggesting is renaming the “Black Death”.

Jeez.
    I quite like a bit of racism like i really hate everyone in sunderland and newcastle not colour or creed just football supporters
  5. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 11:06
    @mister-moggy said
    it is scientifically named no .19

because this flu has been known for centuries.

there are 18 earlier versions.

no. 19 comes from wuhan, china.

( remember, my wife was from china. my children are part-chinese and look chinese with very light skin...to call me a racist is to speak without life evidence ).
    It's called covid-19 because it was discovered in 2019.
    It mutates every year just like the flu there have been countless versions.
  6. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 11:35
    @very-rusty said
    How do we know that someone didn't bring the virus to China? Why do people assume it started there?

-VR
    Wow have you been asleep for the last month?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 12:07
    @badradger said
    I quite like a bit of racism like i really hate everyone in sunderland and newcastle not colour or creed just football supporters
    That’s not racism either, in fact that’s even further away from racism than “wuhan flu”.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 12:08
    @dood111 said
    Do you have evidence for this claim. I’ve posted evidence to the contrary but perhaps you are better informed.
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 12:461 edit
    @divegeester said
    Do you have evidence for this claim. I’ve posted evidence to the contrary but perhaps you are better informed.
    [quote[ @dood111 said

Do you have evidence for this claim. I’ve posted evidence to the contrary but perhaps you are better informed. [/quote]

So you have evidence for the SARS-CoV-2 (the virus which causes Covid-19 the disease) to be unable to mutate?

Dood made a small grammatcial error here if I deconvolute the sentence and rephrase it I come to:

If it mutates every year just like the flu, where there have been countless versions, it will be anmed accordingly.
  10. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 13:40
    @divegeester said
    Evidence of it's mutation?
    I found this while googling coronavirus:
    "Evolution
    The most recent common ancestor (MRCA) of all coronaviruses has been placed at around 8000 BCE.[26] The MRCAs of the Alphacoronavirus line has been placed at about 2400 BCE, the Betacoronavirus line at 3300 BCE, the Gammacoronavirus line at 2800 BCE, and the Deltacoronavirus line at about 3000 BCE. It appears that bats and birds, as warm-blooded flying vertebrates, are ideal hosts for the coronavirus gene source (with bats for Alphacoronavirus and Betacoronavirus, and birds for Gammacoronavirus and Deltacoronavirus) to fuel coronavirus evolution and dissemination.[27]

Bovine coronavirus and canine respiratory coronaviruses diverged from a common ancestor in 1951.[28] Bovine coronavirus and human coronavirus OC43 diverged around the 1890s. Bovine coronavirus diverged from the equine coronavirus species at the end of the 18th century.[29]

The MRCA of human coronavirus OC43 has been dated to the 1950s.[30]

MERS-CoV, although related to several bat coronavirus species, appears to have diverged from these several centuries ago.[31] The human coronavirus NL63 and a bat coronavirus shared an MRCA 563–822 years ago.[32]

The most closely related bat coronavirus and SARS-CoV diverged in 1986.[33] A path of evolution of the SARS virus and keen relationship with bats have been proposed. The authors suggest that the coronaviruses have been coevolved with bats for a long time and the ancestors of SARS-CoV first infected the species of the genus Hipposideridae, subsequently spread to species of the Rhinolophidae and then to civets, and finally to humans.[34][35]

Alpaca coronavirus and human coronavirus 229E diverged before 1960"
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 13:45
    @ponderable said
    So you have evidence for the SARS-CoV-2 (the virus which causes Covid-19 the disease) to be unable to mutate?
    No, and I didn’t say that I did.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 13:47
    @dood111 said
    Evidence of it's mutation?
    I found this while googling coronavirus:
    "Evolution
    The most recent common ancestor (MRCA) of all coronaviruses has been placed at around 8000 BCE.[26] The MRCAs of the Alphacoronavirus line has been placed at about 2400 BCE, the Betacoronavirus line at 3300 BCE, the Gammacoronavirus line at 2800 BCE, and the Deltacoronavirus line at about 3000 B ...[text shortened]... nd finally to humans.[34][35]

Alpaca coronavirus and human coronavirus 229E diverged before 1960"
    I posted a link in the “I have a cough” thread in which there appeared to be scientific commentary (link within the article) indicating that this virus was less included to mutate than normal flu.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 13:54
    @mister-moggy said
    @Very-Rusty

china by its cultural nature is insular.

the insularity breeds aggrogance, fear, secrecy and great politeness...all out of one moment.

i spent my whole life within a chinese family. the chinese sense of privacy has a ten meanings. i could say more but you would not understand if you had not lived among the chinese.
    Why not try explaining it to me, I may be a little smarter than many of you give me credit for! Do you think You have to live among the Chinese to understand? I noted that you spell China with a lower case 'c', would that be acceptable to them?

-VR
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 13:561 edit
    @lemondrop said
    nah
    you are a racist
    All people are racist it doesn’t matter who you are the only one who can set you free if you are willing is Jesus Christ from racism.
    I work in a warehouse of all different people. All the people are racist Mexicans blacks and even the Asian community. At work the Asian use the N-word right in front of the black people. This is on the truck of a Mexican co-workers window. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/492088696755766347/
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 14:16
    @ponderable said
    [quote[ @dood111 said

Do you have evidence for this claim. I’ve posted evidence to the contrary but perhaps you are better informed. [/quote]

So you have evidence for the SARS-CoV-2 (the virus which causes Covid-19 the diseas ...[text shortened]... very year just like the flu, where there have been countless versions, it will be anmed accordingly.
    When is the last time you saw all pro sports cancelled because of a flu?

Probably back 100 years ago right?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree