1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '20 21:181 edit
    Received the below email from PayPal. Thoughts?

Your account has been restricted and has been renewed again

Hello, User

We have Commemorated your account

After reviewing your account recently, we have determined that you violated PayPal's Terms of Use. Please log in to see your identity and review your most recent account

You re-find the Routine Use that PayPal Receives complete with Securing at the bottom of any PayPal page.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Mar '20 21:24
    @divegeester said

Hello, User

After reviewing your account recently, we have determined that you violated PayPal's Terms of Use. Please log in to see your identity and review your most recent account

You re-find the Routine Use that PayPal Receives complete with Securing at the bottom of any PayPal page.
    Appears to be a scam to me, unless you know what they are talking about here.

-VR
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    17 Mar '20 22:26
    @very-rusty said
    Appears to be a scam to me, unless you know what they are talking about here.

-VR
    Poor use of the English language making little sense and poor punctuation, has to be a scam from beyond the UK. I had one from ‘Amazon’ that started;

Greetings x x x x x x x,

but it actually made some sort of sense.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Mar '20 22:35
    @drewnogal said
    Poor use of the English language making little sense and poor punctuation, has to be a scam from beyond the UK. I had one from ‘Amazon’ that started;

Greetings x x x x x x x,

but it actually made some sort of sense.
    Lets see poor use of the English language making little sense and poor punctuation, but it actually made some sort of sense.

Sounds like one of my forums posts!

I"d go with the scam!!! 😉

-VR
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 00:573 edits
    @divegeester said

Hello, User

Phishing attempt.

Do not follow the link they gave you, it goes to a fake sign-in page. When you attempt to sign in, bam, they have your login info.

I get these all the time from banks. Well, they purport to be from a bank. Sometimes it's "we've received too many log in attempts and have shut your account down. Sign in to correct this." Even banks I do not have an account with.

The email they use to send you the message is also never from the bank's actual domain name, either, a giveaway.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 02:251 edit
    I thought this phishing email was one of the more amusing.

E.g. “we have commemorated (capital C) your account.”
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 02:39
    the best girls for a real date!
    get a sneak peek at these hotties!

time to delete the browser history
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 08:23
    @divegeester said
    I thought this phishing email was one of the more amusing.

E.g. “we have commemorated (capital C) your account.”
    I routinely delete those emails now. They will keep coming.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 08:54
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I routinely delete those emails now. They will keep coming.
    I used to get a lot more than I do now. Some were very clever and well constructed.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 12:13
    @divegeester said
    I used to get a lot more than I do now. Some were very clever and well constructed.
    Once you've gotten one, odds are there will be more to follow.

-VR
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 12:19
    @very-rusty said
    Once you've gotten one, odds are there will be more to follow.

-VR
    We regret to inform your Senior that you have been victim of a crime. Please click the link below immediately to prevent the loss of $150.0000.

YouTube
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 12:26
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    We regret to inform your Senior that you have been victim of a crime. Please click the link below immediately to prevent the loss of $150.0000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DSWkCiBxAw
    Now, you see goad that is something I'd never click on. Why would I even care about chump change! 😉

-VR
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 10:32
    hasn't some long lost relative died and bequeathed you a few millions if you only gave the solicitor your credit acrd details the money will arrive shortly?
  14. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 12:59
    I received an email a while back, from a person claiming to be in charge of the investment division of the Bank of England. They have an investor who had some funds in their facilities, who have died recently, and they're looking for relatives with the same surname as me, and I'm the only one they could find.
    I had to send them my personal info; id no, bank details, email address, etc, then he would keep ten percent and the rest would come to me... ha!
    He sounded so sincere in his long story about how they looked for me, and they would do me a great favour, etc. I should be thankful for the chance to inherit, blah blah.
    Sent him packing... 🙂
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 13:10
    @pawnpaw said
    I received an email a while back, from a person claiming to be in charge of the investment division of the Bank of England. They have an investor who had some funds in their facilities, who have died recently, and they're looking for relatives with the same surname as me, and I'm the only one they could find.
    I had to send them my personal info; id no, bank details, email ad ...[text shortened]... reat favour, etc. I should be thankful for the chance to inherit, blah blah.
    Sent him packing... 🙂
    Here is one better I got an e-mail from the U.K. saying they may have some money belonging to me and I've never had any dealings in the U.k. I told them to keep it I have lots of money....LOL.... I wonder how many messages they get back telling them that.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree