1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 May '17 15:00
    I mean names for pets. What, and why? They are part of your life. Tell us about them.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 May '17 15:112 edits
    Originally posted by apathist
    I mean names for pets. What, and why? They are part of your life. Tell us about them.
    Unfortunately I can't share my pets names as they feature too strongly in my passwords. 🙂
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 May '17 15:13
    My favorite was magic. A monster cat that ruled a rural area. He liked to say hi as he passed by. I loved him.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 May '17 15:22
    My favorite was magic. A monster cat that ruled a rural area. He liked to say hi as he passed by. I loved him.
    Although an atheist, I worship cats.
  5. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    06 May '17 15:33
    Years ago an apparently abandoned dog showed up on our property...so...we took it in...
    wasn't the first, wasn't the last.. Good friends we knew had a son, about 11 years old who was an avid baseball fan.. he knew history, he knew statistics...AVID. We asked him to come up with a name for our new adoption. He said "I'll pick a name of a baseball player. What about Hank (Aaron), Mickey (Mantle), Reggie (Jackson) ? We said "well, Jerry, that's good...but...this dog is a female. Jerry sat back deep into the sofa and seemed downright despondent, but suddenly jumped up and shouted "I GOT IT!....BABE RUTH!

And so, Babe Ruth it was.
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    06 May '17 16:18
    I have had 6 black cats which I named Corbin.
    Corbin derives from a Welsh word for coal bin ( at least I was told).
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 May '17 18:49
    Our Laradoodle, when not shorn, looks like a terrier so we named him Bobby after Greyfriars Bobby though our Bobby is a bit larger..
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 May '17 19:51
    Originally posted by LEUR
    Years ago an apparently abandoned dog showed up on our property...so...we took it in...
    wasn't the first, wasn't the last.. Good friends we knew had a son, about 11 years old who was an avid baseball fan.. he knew history, he knew statistics...AVID. We asked him to come up with a name for our new adoption. He said "I'll pick a name of a baseball player. What a ...[text shortened]... ondent, but suddenly jumped up and shouted "I GOT IT!....BABE RUTH!

And so, Babe Ruth it was.
    LOL... great story.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 May '17 19:52
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Unfortunately I can't share my pets names as they feature too strongly in my passwords. 🙂
    We have this in common.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 May '17 19:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    We have this in common.
    Your password is Fluffy Einstein?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 May '17 21:01
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Your password is Fluffy Einstein?
    ummm, no.
  12. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    06 May '17 21:04
    Wellard
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    07 May '17 02:20
    Our cats always get human names, we don't do Fluffy or Fido. The current lot are Honey (already named when she came to us) and Lindi. My all-time favourite cat was Phillip with two Ls - he was fussy about the spelling. Had a recognisable vocabulary of 5 words and could open the refrigerator until we put a childproof lock on it.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 May '17 02:56
    We have ten cats at the moment (plus two semi-detached ones who swing by occasionally). In order of seniority, Poes Poes, Tongue, Penelope (pronounced Penny Low Pee), Brutus (female), Daphne (male), Moes Moes, Zook, Binky, Ruby, Simon and Thomas. A cat originally called Minnew who was stolen from us, and who is now called Jono by the neighbour who took him, is eagerly trying to shag the aforementioned cats (especially Brutus), when he passes through, utterly beating up rivals Simon and Thomas while he's at it and whenever he can. And there is the battered and bruised tom called Edmund who sleeps under the car and never ventures into the house. A new highly strung (but constantly purring) stray has latched herself on to the household in the last week, she's Lucy.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    07 May '17 09:30
    I had an adorable hedgehog, boomer, she owned the garage. I would stash kibble bits around so she would have to hunt and gather. Oh man, she stole my ficking bag of weed. I forgave her, but why did she do this in the first place.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree