Pets

Pets

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

รœber-Nerd

Moves
44d

@divegeester said
Family animals are so much part of us. Horrible when they pass away.

A beloved family dog, only two years old, died suddenly last night in its owners arms. He was a lovely little dog.
My condolences, Dive.

รœber-Nerd

Moves
44d

@drewnogal said
A female border collie aged 6 who’s now 10. She’d been at the dogs home for over a year as she was what they call “reactive”, thus not an easy dog to rehome. I initially walked her in the evenings to avoid contact with other dogs. She has to be sedated before any vets examination and is muzzled before she can be groomed but she’s come on in leaps and bounds, a clever dog wh ...[text shortened]... leaning new things. She’s very loving and is never more than a few feet behind me around the house.
Dogs can suffer separation or abandonment trauma, much as humans do. With love and patience, they too can learn to love and trust again.

My sister adopted an abandoned dog from a shelter; he adjusted and is devoted to her now.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
44d

@drewnogal said
A female border collie aged 6 who’s now 10. She’d been at the dogs home for over a year as she was what they call “reactive”, thus not an easy dog to rehome. I initially walked her in the evenings to avoid contact with other dogs. She has to be sedated before any vets examination and is muzzled before she can be groomed but she’s come on in leaps and bounds, a clever dog wh ...[text shortened]... leaning new things. She’s very loving and is never more than a few feet behind me around the house.
Lovely ๐Ÿ˜Š

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
44d

@moonbus said
My condolences, Dive.
Thanks moon. But it’s not me who needs it.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
44d
1 edit

@moonbus said
Dogs can suffer separation or abandonment trauma, much as humans do. With love and patience, they too can learn to love and trust again.

My sister adopted an abandoned dog from a shelter; he adjusted and is devoted to her now.
The dog shelter staff were very good, making sure we were the right match. We had 9 visits with her which included introducing her to my son, a home visit, a sleep over and then a week of fostering before we adopted her. They packed her a dog bed, blanket, feeding bowls plus a new harness and lead and 3 months veterinary insurance,

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
43d

@drewnogal said
The dog shelter staff were very good, making sure we were the right match. We had 9 visits with her which included introducing her to my son, a home visit, a sleep over and then a week of fostering before we adopted her. They packed her a dog bed, blanket, feeding bowls plus a new harness and lead and 3 months veterinary insurance,
That’s very thorough and very good service. Is that usual for a rescue home?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
43d

@drewnogal said
Almost like adopting a child. ๐Ÿ™‚

-VR

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
43d
1 edit

@divegeester said
That’s very thorough and very good service. Is that usual for a rescue home?
I don’t think so but it encourages adopters to donate to the centre long term as a result. I paid a £120-ish adoption fee but also donate £5 per month. At times of hardship they have asked donators if they could give bit extra which I did post lockdown when a lot of dogs, thoughtlessly acquired, were put into rescue when work and school resumed. A similar thing happened last year when the costs of home energy began to soar and people couldn’t afford to manage bills and keep their pets. The centre was struggling to manage the rescue costs.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
43d
1 edit

@drewnogal said
I don’t think so but it encourages adopters to donate to the centre long term as a result. I paid a £120-ish adoption fee but also donate £5 per month. At times of hardship they have asked donators if they could give bit extra which I did post lockdown when a lot of dogs, thoughtlessly acquired, were put into rescue when work and school resumed. A similar thing happened la ...[text shortened]... ’t afford to manage bills and keep their pets. The centre was struggling to manage the rescue costs.
What is £120-ish in Canadian dollars? I could go look but pressed for time right now. ๐Ÿ™‚

-VR

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
43d

@very-rusty said
What is £120-ish in Canadian dollars? I could go look but pressed for time right now. ๐Ÿ™‚

-VR
$204 - ish ๐Ÿ™‚

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
43d

@drewnogal said
$204 - ish ๐Ÿ™‚
Thank you at least you have manners, more than I can say for some others who only know how to do red thumbs....Silliness!

-VR

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
43d

@very-rusty said
Thank you at least you have manners, more than I can say for some others who only know how to do red thumbs....Silliness!

-VR
Just look at it in a positive way - 4 people took the time to read your post ๐Ÿ˜

Moves
42d

I have no problem boiling lobster.

Garlic Butter Sauce ๐Ÿ’ช

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
42d

@moonbus said
My condolences, Dive.
Do you know what moon, the demise of this cute little dog has actually quite upset me. Bloody pets, especially dogs, they are the best part of us in some ways.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
42d

@drewnogal said
Just look at it in a positive way - 4 people took the time to read your post ๐Ÿ˜
That is a very Positive way too look at it! I just don't care for the negative people, pretty good idea who they are and there are on a few of them.

You are correct though always best to look at the positive side of things.

-VR