1. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    14 Mar '24 14:39
    @very-rusty said
    I don't know how this site would survive without your words of Wisdom!

-VR
    You all managed to stay alive before I came around. My words are but a distorted echo from the distant past.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Mar '24 14:58
    @pettytalk said
    You all managed to stay alive before I came around. My words are but a distorted echo from the distant past.
    You do have a very good point. 🙂

-VR
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 05:03
    @divegeester said
    Do you have the courage to say whom you OP is aimed at?
    Who cares?
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 05:224 edits
    @divegeester said

It is not a lack of courage, but a lack of clarity that compelled me to describe those folks the way I did. Just as their philosophy is a bit abstract and hazy, so too is my definition of them. Frankly I thought it was rather clever. 😏

To the philosophical bards of RHP, I say: "May you find much happiness on this journey of yours." 🙂
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 08:56
    @mchill said
    It is not a lack of courage, but a lack of clarity that compelled me to describe those folks the way I did. Just as their philosophy is a bit abstract and hazy, so too is my definition of them. Frankly I thought it was rather clever. 😏

To the philosophical bards of RHP, I say: "May you find much happiness on this journey of yours." 🙂
    I think your OP exemplifies a certain intellectual and emotional cowardice which is endemic in much of of your posting. In this particular instance you’re trying to create some drama by saying something unflattering about a person or persons who just prior to you making the OP had ruffled your feathers. I spotting who at least one of them was, and I don’t think it’s clever at all. Just passive aggressive.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 08:571 edit
    @suzianne said
    Who cares?
    No idea Suzianne.

May run a poll? 🤷‍♂️
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 12:52
    @divegeester said
    I think your OP exemplifies a certain intellectual and emotional cowardice which is endemic in much of of your posting. In this particular instance you’re trying to create some drama by saying something unflattering about a person or persons who just prior to you making the OP had ruffled your feathers. I spotting who at least one of them was, and I don’t think it’s clever at all. Just passive aggressive.
    I think your OP exemplifies a certain intellectual and emotional cowardice which is endemic in much of of your posting.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have to go back to work now.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 13:41
    @mchill said
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Something we agree on then.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 13:48
    @mchill said
    I think your OP exemplifies a certain intellectual and emotional cowardice which is endemic in much of of your posting.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have to go back to work now.
    This is true and everyone has an opinion. 🙂

-VR
  10. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 14:34
    @mchill said

"To the philosophical bards of RHP, I say: "May you find much happiness on this journey of yours."

Why "yours," are you not a philosopher too? A true philosopher would ask this from any prospecting philosophical bard. "Must we not then first of all ask, whether there is any one of us who has knowledge of that about which we are deliberating?

Borrowing some courage and street-wise philosophical language, I would say that it takes one to know one.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 16:20
    @mchill said

Never apologize for speaking your mind. It only gives your detractors much-needed structural fiber for their next attempt at burning you in effigy. Do not surrender your own power to them.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Mar '24 07:16
    @suzianne said
    Never apologize for speaking your mind. It only gives your detractors much-needed structural fiber for their next attempt at burning you in effigy. Do not surrender your own power to them.
    I don’t see anyone asking mchill to “apologise”.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Mar '24 01:561 edit
    @divegeester said
    I don’t see anyone asking mchill to “apologise”.
    No one asked him, but he did anyways.

Why do you make it about you?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '24 07:221 edit
    @suzianne said
    No one asked him, but he did anyways.
    Where did he apologise? I don’t see it any of his posts.

Again; no one asked him to.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Mar '24 07:50
    @divegeester said
    Where did he apologise? I don’t see it any of his posts.

Again; no one asked him to.
    The asking is not the point, yet you make it the point. Why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree