1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 13:171 edit
    At Disney, it is not unusual for kids to come dressed as pirates, for obvious reasons. Consequently, we have a variety of jokes, of which the punchline is always ARRGGH.

For instance, what is a pirate's favorite (that's favourite in case Russ is reading) letter? Arrgghh, of course.

This creates problems for pirates from the Boston, Massachusetts area, as it is well known that in Massachusetts, English only has 25 letters.

And what does a Bostonian pirate sound like? AAAGGGHHHH!
  2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 13:20
    Where to all the R's from Massachusetts go? They tend to go down south to the Alabama/Mississippi region of the country, where words such as "sofa" and "soda" appropriate the extra R's and become "sofer" and "soder".
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 13:30
    @paul-leggett said
    Where to all the R's from Massachusetts go? They tend to go down south to the Alabama/Mississippi region of the country, where words such as "sofa" and "soda" appropriate the extra R's and become "sofer" and "soder".
    Reminds me of The Kennedy clan.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 16:53
    A pirate and a sailor were exchanging stories. The sailor pointed to the pirate’s peg leg and asked, “How did you get that?”
    The pirate said, “Aye, I wrestled a shark and lost me leg.”
    The sailor pointed to the pirate’s hook and asked, “How did you get that?”
    The pirate said: “Aye, I fought Red Beard’s crew and lost me hand.”
    The sailor pointed to the pirate’s eye patch and asked, “How did you get that?”
    The pirate said, “Aye, a bird came by and left droppings in me eye.”
    The sailor said, “That’s not as impressive as the other two. …”
    “Aye,” the pirate answered. “It was me first day with the hook.”
  5. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 19:40
    @paul-leggett said
    Reminds me of the Stees clan.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 20:30
    @Paul-Leggett
    Arrrgh! Couldn't this wait until 19th September?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree