General Forum

General Forum

Please Help

Standard memberSozin
General 20 Jan '13 09:24
  1. Omaha H/L Stud
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 09:242 edits
    I just got timed out by someone. What I don’t get is why the good ones are doing it, they're going to beat me anyways so what’s it to them? It's as if timing me out is fun and games to them. This is odd you have to admit. 🙂

Advice please.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 10:10
    This topic has been discussed regularly in other forums, usually the Help forum. People often claim skulls because they only have 6 game slots and a too-slow game prevents them from using one of those slots. Or it's a tedious game and they're not enjoying it. Or just because they can.l
    You have no timeout losses in your games list. Check the game again.
  3. Dumnonia
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 10:402 edits
    Originally posted by Sozin
    Advice please.
    What is it you are seeking advice on; how not to get timed out?
  4. Dumnonia
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 10:53
    The thing is, I've just looked through your games and you have not been timed out in a single one.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 11:10
    Don't worry about it.
  6. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 11:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The thing is, I've just looked through your games and you have not been timed out in a single one.
    You can sniff out someone playing the Victim Card from his sleeve as well as anyone I Virtually Know.
  7. Dumnonia
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 11:251 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You can sniff out someone playing the Victim Card from his sleeve as well as anyone I Virtually Know.
    I think I would have allowed myself to actually be timed out in one game, before starting a thread bleating about being timed out.
  8. Dumnonia
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 11:28
    Originally posted by apathist
    Don't worry about it.
    I'm not worried apathist (and thank you for your concern), I'm just curious as to why a poster would start a thread complaining about being timed out by other players better than them, when in fact the poster had not been timed out in a single game. Don't you find it interesting?
  9. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 05:03
    Originally posted by Sozin
    Advice please.
    quit, take yer balls, and go home...
  10. Dumnonia
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 10:11
    Originally posted by rookie54
    quit, take yer balls, and go home...
    But why would he, he hasn't been timed out by anyone.

Why would someone start a thread complaining about something he claims has happened to him but in fact it hasn't; is it just attention seeking?
  11. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 10:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why would someone start a thread complaining about something he claims has happened to him but in fact it hasn't; is it just attention seeking?
    Look. There are multiple universes which press up against each other and occasionally overlap. Several different answers to your question will be found in those places.
  12. Dumnonia
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 13:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    Look. There are multiple universes which press up against each other and occasionally overlap. Several different answers to your question will be found in those places.
    I think I understand what you are suggesting here; the chess board, as generally viewed from our universe, is constructed from a uniform sequence of repeating black and white empty squares, whereas Sozin could be experiencing a quantum shift in his cerebral cortex allowing him to be also seeing grey squares with small piles of poop on them...?