1. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 15:07
    RT News (who may get the sack in broadcasting in the U.K.), Boris versus the opposition (Starmer) - all intriguing, like the phrase "Flip Flop". If only I could walk along a beach shore🤔
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 15:21
    @hells-caretaker said
    RT News (who may get the sack in broadcasting in the U.K.), Boris versus the opposition (Starmer) - all intriguing, like the phrase "Flip Flop". If only I could walk along a beach shore🤔
    as a non Brit it took me some time to decode PMQ to Prime Minister Questions?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 15:231 edit
    @ponderable said
    as a non Brit it took me some time to decode PMQ to Prime Minister Questions?
    Why does Germany have a president and chancellor?

I could google it but easier just to ask someone from there! 😉

-VR
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 16:48
    @very-rusty said
    Why does Germany have a president and chancellor?

I could google it but easier just to ask someone from there! 😉

-VR
    The president is just a representative (mostly) and the chancellor is the boss of the government.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 16:57
    @ponderable said
    The president is just a representative (mostly) and the chancellor is the boss of the government.
    I decided to google it.

Under the 1949 constitution (Basic Law) Germany has a parliamentary system of government in which the chancellor (similar to a prime minister or minister president in other parliamentary democracies) is the head of government. ... The president also holds the prerogative to grant pardons on behalf of the federation.

President of Germany - Wikipedia
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 20:21
    @hells-caretaker said
    The previous leader of the opposition (Jeremy Corbyn) was an antisemetist, a bully and an expert in losing. Watching him contend with the likes of Johnson and May at the despatch boxes was a bit like watching a darts player take on Mike Tyson in the ring.

At least Starmer has some smarts about him if not any policies at this point.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 20:24
    @divegeester

'the likes of Johnson and May' !!!!

Do you have these two rated as erudite, cutting debaters?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 20:27
    @blood-on-the-tracks said
    @divegeester

'the likes of Johnson and May' !!!!

Do you have these two rated as erudite, cutting debaters?
    Is your benchmark Corbyn?
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 20:30
    @divegeester

Not at all. Just asking why you rate May and Johnson so highly. For what it's worth, I don't think either of them tore Corbyn to pieces in PMQ.

May the worst PM in my lifetime. Boris will probably soon take over that mantle.
  10. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 20:561 edit
    @divegeester
    Good point. [edit] one for debates, I'll finish my pint & collect my coat.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 22:34
    @divegeester

Not at all. Just asking why you rate May and Johnson so highly. For what it's worth, I don't think either of them tore Corbyn to pieces in PMQ.

May the worst PM in my lifetime. Boris will probably soon take over that mantle.
    I rate pretty much everyone above Jeremy Corbyn. May and Johnson both outgunned him at the despatch box. He was a pitiful debater and hopeless leader who has left his party in the worst condition for over three decades.

Join the Lib Dem’s if all this disturbs you.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 22:401 edit
    @divegeester

Hmmm. That's an interesting stance. Do you have any particular topic on which May and Boris outgunned Corbyn?

Maybe not Mays ill advised election in 2017. Clearly her bettering of Corbyn in PMQ wasn't convincing the electorate.

You are championing 2 chumps

Edit...why would I want to join the Lib Dems? I have not revealed my political standing at all. Merely ridiculed your support of two clowns
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 23:26
    Vote the Green Party. That is all.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 07:041 edit
    @divegeester
    I have not revealed my political standing at all.
    You don’t have to.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 07:06
    @trev33 said
    Vote the Green Party. That is all.
    Why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree