General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    03 Jun '13 15:46
    "Question for RHP General Forum Posters"

    To what do you attribute the increased participation and liveliness of this site forum in recent weeks? (gb)
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    03 Jun '13 16:03
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    To what do you attribute the increased participation and liveliness of this site forum in recent weeks? (gb)
    Global warming.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    03 Jun '13 16:15
    2) "The New and Improved Red Hot Pawn"
  4. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    140910
    03 Jun '13 16:29
    the untimely death of reveille VII (october 9, 2000 - may 30, 2013)...

    may she rest in peace...
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    03 Jun '13 19:30
    4) Fewer mean spirited posts and less chronic complaining than about a year ago.

    Personal Note: April, 2012, marked my returned from an unplanned sixteen month vacation of experiences I never imagined would be mine. My RHP Forum Location's been changed indefinitely to reflect present time at GMT-5: one grateful member's location until a celestial trip of reunion with a dear bride of twenty five years, family members and friends is on. (gb)
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    98340
    03 Jun '13 21:01
    Originally posted by rookie54
    the untimely death of reveille VII (october 9, 2000 - may 30, 2013)...

    may she rest in peace...
    I've often wondered what the A & M stood for. Too lazy to google.
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    140910
    03 Jun '13 21:39
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I've often wondered what the A & M stood for. Too lazy to google.
    so you binged reveille???
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    03 Jun '13 22:24
    5) The presence of many new members, who enjoy both chess and conversation.
  9. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Joined
    12 Mar '04
    Moves
    10441
    03 Jun '13 23:42
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    5) The presence of many new members, who enjoy both chess and conversation.
    I kinda thought it was because I hadn't posted in quite some time...
  10. old pueblo
    Joined
    03 Apr '11
    Moves
    12696
    04 Jun '13 00:12
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    4) Fewer mean spirited posts and less chronic complaining than about a year ago.

    Personal Note: April, 2012, marked my returned from an unplanned sixteen month vacation of experiences I never imagined would be mine. My RHP Forum Location's been changed indefinitely to reflect present time at GMT-5: one grateful member's location until a celestial trip of reunion with a dear bride of twenty five years, family members and friends is on. (gb)
    Is this a trip you're planning on making soon?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    04 Jun '13 08:45
    Originally posted by Sahuaro

    Is this a trip you're planning on making soon?
    Sahuaro, I've learned to live life by the unit of measure in which it's given: one day at a time. Viable alternatives?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    04 Jun '13 08:48
    6) Effective Forum Moderation appears to be another major factor.
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    98340
    04 Jun '13 21:13
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    I kinda thought it was because I hadn't posted in quite some time...
    Well there is that too.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    05 Jun '13 05:10
    7) First Class Chess Board Format; Game Analysis; and In Game Messaging Features. Having played at two of the most popular internet correspondence chess sites, the contrast favorable to RHP is quite remarkable. Red Hot Pawn Subscription Fees, in my opinion, also clearly represent the superior value. (gb)
Back to Top