General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    23 Oct '15 14:00
    Quotes by Published Authors (revised for online public forums in our times)

    “How do I know what I think until I see what I write.” (Author E.M. Forster, 1879-1970)
    ____________________

    Revised: 'How do I know what I think until I see what I type.'
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    23 Oct '15 15:14
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Quotes by Published Authors (revised for online public forums in our times)

    “How do I know what I think until I see what I write.” (Author E.M. Forster, 1879-1970)
    ____________________

    Revised: 'How do I know what I think until I see what I type.'[/b]
    Even then..
  3. New Braunfels, Texas
    Joined
    22 Aug '07
    Moves
    68994
    23 Oct '15 15:25
    "Read, read, read. Read everything -- trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master. Read! You'll absorb it.
    Then write. If it's good, you'll find out. If it's not, throw it out of the window.”
    ― William Faulkner
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    23 Oct '15 16:12
    "I think therefore I am” [cogito, ergo sum] - René Descartes (also known as the Father of Modern Philosophy, 1596—1650).
    _________________________

    'I am therefore I think [most of the time] before posting on Red Hot Pawn's Public Forums. lol'
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97137
    23 Oct '15 17:59
    Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    24 Oct '15 02:06
    Do not feed the troll. Vivian
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    24 Oct '15 11:482 edits
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” ―Albert Einstein
    _____________________

    "Good manners and poise are ultimately more important than peer approval and Thumbs Up garnered through persistent behavioural insensitivity to the wishes and needs of other members of Red Hot Pawn. ―Nancy Nincompoop (Al Instein's great, great granddaughter)
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    24 Oct '15 15:44
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    behavioural
    faux brit?
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    24 Oct '15 16:03
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    faux brain?
    Corrected.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    24 Oct '15 17:54
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    faux brit?
    Primarily an audience here with homes in the UK, so yes.

    Cheers, Old Chap.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    24 Oct '15 18:00
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Primarily an audience here with homes in the UK, so yes.

    Cheers, Old Chap.
    Not true, Bobby. Show evidence.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    24 Oct '15 18:14
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Not true, Bobby. Show evidence.
    As always, I respect your privilege as a member of Red Hot Pawn to express an opinion. Having done so, how about an on topic quotation?
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    24 Oct '15 18:49
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    As always, I respect your privilege as a member of Red Hot Pawn to express an opinion. Having done so, how about an on topic quotation?
    Sure, Bobby. What's the topic?
  14. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    138490
    25 Oct '15 13:10
    If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego.
    You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience.
    John Cage
  15. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    25 Oct '15 13:26
    Originally posted by rookie54
    If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego.
    You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience.
    John Cage
    That is interesting!
Back to Top