quotes you like about chess

quotes you like about chess

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gc

Moves
10 Sep 14

"Women by their nature are not exceptional chess players.They are not great fighters." Gary Kasparov

rc

Moves
10 Sep 14

Originally posted by gareth cobb
"Women by their nature are not exceptional chess players.They are not great fighters." Gary Kasparov
I am the greatest, the whole world knows I am the greatest. I don't need a match to prove it - robbie carrobie

Moves
10 Sep 14

Chess is all about noticing your opponent's mistakes before they notice yours. -- me

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
10 Sep 14

"I HATE THIS GODDAMN GAME!" -my friend, when she loses

"I've always had a natural talent for coordinating my pieces." -my friend, when she wins

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
10 Sep 14

"Checkmate has no weaknesses."-Richard "Buck" Buchanan

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
10 Sep 14

"Bam him Art"-John Bowers RIP πŸ™

rc

Moves
10 Sep 14

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
"Bam him Art"-John Bowers RIP πŸ™
Actually in all seriousness, chess i think is empty. The biggest mistake i have made is to search for depth in it, there is to my mind none.

Read a book!

Moves
10 Sep 14

Chess is life. Just when you think you have it figured out, it sneaks up and bites you on the ass.

b

Moves
10 Sep 14
1 edit

Checkmate! oops
- me

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
10 Sep 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Actually in all seriousness, chess i think is empty. The biggest mistake i have made is to search for depth in it, there is to my mind none.
Chess is what you make of it. It can be a hobby in passing, a passion, a fixation, an infatuation. You get out of it what you put into it, Chess is everything and it is nothing at the same time.
Wazzzzahhh!!

N

Moves
10 Sep 14
1 edit

Chess is what you make of it. It can be a hobby in passing, a passion, a fixation, an infatuation. You get out of it what you put into it, Chess is everything and it is nothing at the same time.
Wazzzzahhh!!
"Chess, miss? It's just one f***ing move after another."
The Chess Boys

N

Moves
10 Sep 14

“Poets do not go mad; but chess-players do. Mathematicians go mad, and cashiers; but creative artists very seldom. I am not, as will be seen, in any sense attacking logic: I only say that this danger does lie in logic, not in imagination.”
― G.K. Chesterton

N

Moves
10 Sep 14

“I failed to make the chess team because of my height.”
― Woody Allen

Über-Nerd

Moves
11 Sep 14

"The mistakes are all there waiting to be made." -- Tartakower

rc

Moves
11 Sep 14

Wazzzzahhh!!
everything and nothing at the same time, hmmm, are you sure you are in the right clan, you sound like a Zen Master to me!