1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 03:53
    The BBC reports that a hacked radio station in the US broadcast obscene material for 90 mins

Should those who heard the broadcast be allowed to sue someone?

Who would you like to able to sue for damages and why?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 03:54
    Did anyone notice?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 04:22
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Did anyone notice?
    It would seem that not even the radio station noticed straight away.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35995893
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 04:341 edit
    I imagine myself sweating and leafing bunch of dictionaries, like Howard Stern on the sick leave...
    The peak of such problems I'd heard in Serbia happened few times in Serbia on City Radio Studio B.
    They had special channel for classic music.
    It happened couple of times that CD was skipping and skipping like ina a rap song and I took a stopwatch (*on my obsolete digitron) to measure time. CD had been skipping for 17 minutes.

The most serious case of "hacking" happened medio 1980's in night programme on "main channel" radio Studio B, in night programme during hourly news.
    My favourite night host sounded like he had hangover and he read an incredibly funny news about some Arab official in the visit to Yugoslavia. His name was so funny and it sounded like a joke.
    Only few years later it was disclosed that it was joke indeed, a practical joke of his colleagues who woke him up to read the news and they submitted him joke-news.
    Which was, err, politically hazardous on the station who was regarded state official radio station.
    I remember that guy from daily radio shows, he used to play music after my wishis
    for example Sexc Pistols "God Save the Queen" etc.

All dead now, time grinds everyone and everything.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 15:062 edits
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I imagine myself sweating and leafing bunch of dictionaries, like Howard Stern on the sick leave...
    The peak of such problems I'd heard in Serbia happened few times in Serbia on City Radio Studio B.
    They had special channel for classic music.
    It happened couple of times that CD was skipping and skipping like ina a rap song and I took a stopwatch (*on ...[text shortened]... ple Sexc Pistols "God Save the Queen" etc.

All dead now, time grinds everyone and everything.
    Back around 1960 ish, a radio station, KFWB in LA changed over to all news.

The DJ's who formerly had been playing top ten hits barricaded themselves in the control room and for 24 hours played a song, I think it was "Just got back from outer space', 'gonna check out the human race', something like that, they would announce, 'and now Elvis singing Blue moon'.,, Just got back from outer space.....

And now Connie Francis singing "I can't get over you',, Just got back from outer space....

They finally were able to cut power to the studio and thus began KFWB's new role as a 24 hour news station.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 22:20
    I forgot to mention that radio host was suspended for long period of time.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 01:44
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I forgot to mention that radio host was suspended for long period of time.
    With air elastics or in a saline solution?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 11:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    With air elastics or in a saline solution?
    Velcro tied to the ceiling....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree