1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 15:40
    Have you noticed that people in public during live TV broadcasting - like for example soccer managers, as I just saw one after Evertone busted Manchester City with 4 to 0 - cover their lips when they talk.
    Or famous audience at tennis courts or NBA matches.

What the fåck is this?
    Is it common knowledge that PR agencies hired an army of lips-readers for purpose of stalking celebrities in public?

It cannot be just hiding the tactics in time-outs.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 17:14
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Have you noticed that people in public during live TV broadcasting - like for example soccer managers, as I just saw one after Evertone busted Manchester City with 4 to 0 - cover their lips when they talk.

What the fåck is this?
    Is it common knowledge that PR agencies hired an army of lips-reader ...[text shortened]... purpose of stalking celebrities in public?

Be they English?
    Simply hiding their atrocious grillage, gov'nuh.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 19:06

What the fåck is this?
    Is it common knowledge that PR agencies hired an army of lips-reader ...[text shortened]... purpose of stalking celebrities in public?

They simply don't want things they say privately being interpreted by lip readers and blasted all over the media.
    How can you not comprehend this simple notion?
  4. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 19:30
    Speak softly and carry a big stick.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 06:14

What the fåck is this?

Almost all cases of this in the US are coaches of sports teams.

It's simple, they don't want people to be able to read their lips while they discuss their strategy with their team. Who knows if someone is watching TV coverage from the owner's box seats just for that purpose? This only started with the advent of radio headsets on the field.

And not all people (like in the audience) who hold their hand to their mouth while talking to someone is doing this. Maybe the arena is just loud and they want the person they're talking to to hear them.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 06:15

What the fåck is this?

They do it because they're ashamed of their bad breath.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Jan '17 02:03
    Originally posted by Seitse
    They do it because they're ashamed of their bad breath.
    Or repulsed by others'.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Jan '17 12:11
    Actually Jogi Löw told People in the German Television, that lipreaders were twittering what he told his staff and thus they agreed on the shading of the mouth...
    The lip Readers might be right or not, but no Coach wants the Opposition to know his advice.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '17 12:56
    What's their fee? It is perhaps a good (side) job. Bit I must learn th technique first, of course.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree