Recent Checkmates & Farzad Farsee

Recent Checkmates & Farzad Farsee

General

m

Moves
12 May 12

OK, does everyone know about the little diagrams that they show on this site when you first log in titled "Recent Checkmates"? Well, do certain players have a contract with this site or endorsement rights or something? Because, I swear... everytime I log on... there is a checkmate position where one of the players is named Farzad Farsee.

Can one guy have sooooooo many checkmates??? In his defense... he is not always on the winning side. I just find it strange that his name keeps popping up. Certainly, he doesn't own a monopoly on checkmates here?

Anyway;

1) Has anyone else noticed this?
2) Dear Farzad Farsee, I have nothing against you. Please dont take this personally. However, I just entered a tournament with you... maybe one of our games will end up in the "Recent Checkmates" section.

🙂
Michael

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
13 May 12

Originally posted by mlukov
OK, does everyone know about the little diagrams that they show on this site when you first log in titled "Recent Checkmates"? Well, do certain players have a contract with this site or endorsement rights or something? Because, I swear... everytime I log on... there is a checkmate position where one of the players is named Farzad Farsee.

Can one guy have s ...[text shortened]... ou... maybe one of our games will end up in the "Recent Checkmates" section.

🙂
Michael
zenic and BillyDean are also there often.

Felis Australis

Australia

Moves
13 May 12
1 edit

Farzad Farsee has completed 77 games since May 1, and only 8 of these were checkmates (he won all 8). Maybe you just notice the name because you notice the name ...

P.S. I never log out, so I never need to log in and don't see that page at all.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
13 May 12

You're not wrong. I logged out... he wasn't there.. did refresh once and up he popped. This puts the "moon landings" conspiracy to shame. If you have a tin foil hat now is the time to put it on.

Read a book!

Moves
13 May 12

It's like jury duty. Some people get it time after time, some people never get it.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 May 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
Farzad Farsee has completed 77 games since May 1, and only 8 of these were checkmates (he won all 8). Maybe you just notice the name because you notice the name ...

P.S. I never log out, so I never need to log in and don't see that page at all.
You don't need to log out to see it... www.timeforchess.com (or whatever you use).

I go there and refresh just to check out mate positions, never noticed names being there more often than others. I think they are recent mates, no?

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
13 May 12

Originally posted by HandyAndy
It's like jury duty. Some people get it time after time, some people never get it.
If it's like jury duty is Farzad getting time off work and all expenses paid ?

Read a book!

Moves
14 May 12

Originally posted by thaughbaer
If it's like jury duty is Farzad getting time off work and all expenses paid ?
Believe it or not, I just checked the Time for Chess opening screen and there was Farzad's May 7 checkmate of reydoog.

Pass the tinfoil.

Felis Australis

Australia

Moves
14 May 12
2 edits

And I just did it (around one hour later) and found his Combinator game. So I did 20 reloads and saw his name four times (some games were repeats). Definitely a conspiracy here ...

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 May 12

Or perhaps you folks have to play more games & actually WIN!!! 😉 😉

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
14 May 12

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Or perhaps you folks have to play more games & actually WIN!!! 😉 😉
Don't try and deflect the issue by making it our fault. Farzad has somehow become absorbed by the ether. Ordinary tin foil may not be enough. Pass the Bacofoil.

Moves
14 May 12
1 edit

I thought that "recent checkmates" means, hm, errr, literally last checkmates, that are shown automatically - like the moves in Public Games.

Vanity is a contagious disease, so after 2 last checkmates of mine, I went on Recent Checkmates, hoping to see my otherwise poorly played games won by checkamates, and... and... I really saw not Elvis but this Farsard-guy or what was his/her name.

I think he is a son-in-law in some influential chess family.
(Who may own a certain chess website.)

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by thaughbaer
Don't try and deflect the issue by making it our fault. Farzad has somehow become absorbed by the ether. Ordinary tin foil may not be enough. Pass the Bacofoil.
LOL...What do you play 6-8 games at a time.

You can't expect to see your name up in the bright lights too often!

I suppose you'll find someone else to blame that on too! 😛 😉 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.