1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 13:42
    Originally posted by @torunn
    I would have liked a continuation too. Comparing the book and the film I'm not convinced they have quite the same ending, or interpreted the same way, giving a slightly different result. But I was so into the book that I may have missed something. I love the story.
    I’ll have to get the book I think.
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 14:01
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    I’ll have to get the book I think.
    If you like the story then I'm sure you will still appreciate the book. I read the book before seeing the film - in fact I had decided not to see it being so happy with the novel already, but I'm glad I did, the actors were brilliant.
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 14:05
    Originally posted by @torunn
    If you like the story then I'm sure you will still appreciate the book. I read the book before seeing the film - in fact I had decided not to see it being so happy with the novel already, but I'm glad I did, the actors were brilliant.
    Unfortunately I’m really lazy when it comes to reading a book. I don’t know why and know it’s good to read but don’t. I think I have a concentration problem with it.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 18:46
    Absentia, on AXN Tv, Wednesdays 21.55 Central European Time and later same day is a reprise (already Thursday morning CET).

Very fast and paranoid series, reminds me on female variation of 24hours, female Jack Bauer in action. Stana Katic is playing wrongly accused agent Emily. First three episodes were captivating,

Everything was filmed in East Europe, outsourced that is, due lower costs.
    Settings and Art direction are obviously cheap (close ups and little light to cover it).

Amazing how series star Ralph Ineson, bad guy on the top of agency, got killed so soon, at the end of 2nd episode!
    Paul Freeman, who is playing Emily's father, and who used to play good looking sugar daddies and handsome old guys now finally grew so old that he can only be grandfather...
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '17 16:222 edits
    Medium, again
    I am now being watching double bill, and am closing to the end of first of two episodes - The Man in the Mirror.
    Allison fell and is in coma, whilst an old man with infusion on the wheeled stand came in front of Allison-s house and freaked her husband Joe and daughters. The man is wearing hospital pijamas with laces on the back.

edit::: he is played by Jeffrey Tambor, great role!

The man said "I am Allison I see this an in the mirror!"
    He has other name - Todd Emory.
    Joe first wants to call the police, but he decides to believe!
    Two souls exchanged bodies!

At one moment this man is having a cup of tea in Allisons hous and talking with Joe, and we see that man at the kitchen table from the back but camera dosen't show man's butt, but he must have had bare butt, all right, this is hospital pijamas.

And he walked all the way bare footed. He must have had dirty feet and when he was sitting at the kitchen table, he was sitting with bare butt on the chair.

Those weird moments were however omitted in the episode.
    I couldn't help noticing them nevertheless.

Okay, the episode is over, it was happy end, a real murderer, in the shape of sneaky blonde, showed up in the hospital room and tried to inject air bubbles into Todd's infusion, or was it Todd in blonde's body?!

Now the next episode begins.

Reprise is in few hours, around 23.50 Central European Time.

Nice message in the episode, of compassion and empathy toward needy people...
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '17 01:38
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    [b]Absentia, on AXN Tv, Wednesdays 21.55 Central European Time and later same day is a reprise (already Thursday morning CET).

Very fast and paranoid series, reminds me on female variation of 24hours, female Jack Bauer in action. Stana Katic is playing wrongly accused agent Emily. First three episodes were captivating,

Everything was filmed i ...[text shortened]... g sugar daddies and handsome old guys now finally grew so old that he can only be grandfather...[/b]
    Next three episode proved to be great disappointment. After fast and furious beginning, events turned into murky scenes in which people try to find some McGuffin on the CD or even floppy. Two male main characters look so alike that it's hard to tell one from another, and they lack charizma. Emily - played by Stana Katic - is innocent fugitive, I believe, but I stopped to care any more.
    Emily's father, Paul Freeman is just an old guy from nursing home, and it is so obvious that producers saved on settings - it was as if they filmed series in cheap road motels' rooms, trying to bluff with couple of handy cams and close-ups.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '17 01:152 edits
    Fox channel (I have basic analog /!/ package, so no Fox Crime etc.) now looks like graveyard of series:

They are airing two peactically dead projects
    Anger Management, Charlie Sheen's rebound project after he got sacked from "Two And A Half Men"

and

Crazy Ones, unsuccessful comeback of Robin Williams.

It feels like walking through old hospital, palliative care. Like bad jokes froze on actors' pale faces.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree