1. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 May '14 00:35
    I've been trying to use the redhotpawn app, and every time i log into it it logs me in. But, when i go to my games it says "Authentication failed, try again"

I'm using an android phone.

Does anyone know what i can do to remedy this?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 May '14 00:50
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I've been trying to use the redhotpawn app, and every time i log into it it logs me in. But, when i go to my games it says "Authentication failed, try again"

huck, have you considered trying "chessatwork.com, redhotchess.com, timeforchess.com or theimmortalgame.com?
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 May '14 01:00
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    huck, have you considered trying "chessatwork.com, redhotchess.com, timeforchess.com or theimmortalgame.com?
    GB. I know you like to post in every thread, but can you leave this one so i can get help from people who know what they're talking about please.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 May '14 01:07

Sometimes it works if you shake the phone.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 May '14 07:37
    Really need to get to the bottom of this one this week, a long term issue that has resulted in lots of harmful reviews on the play store. My fault for not resolving it already. Anyway...

From "Site Settings", "Enable multi client login", make sure that is checked.

Can you please confirm if this does/doesn't work for you.
  6. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 May '14 09:43
    Originally posted by Russ
    Really need to get to the bottom of this one this week, a long term issue that has resulted in lots of harmful reviews on the play store. My fault for not resolving it already. Anyway...

Is there an iOS app in development?
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 May '14 09:54
    Only in planning stages right now, but yes one is coming. How that is achieved is the issue right now. (Native apps take a lot of work) But it is an inevitability with the shift to mobile.
  8. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 May '14 11:29
    Only in planning stages right now, but yes one is coming. How that is achieved is the issue right now. (Native apps take a lot of work) But it is an inevitability with the shift to mobile.
    Good to know, thanks Russ.
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 May '14 13:14

Thanks Russ. Worked. I can now lose chess matches in new and exciting places.

Maybe make that box ticked by default, that should kill the problem quick smart.

Huck
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 May '14 13:18

Maybe make that box ticked by default, that should kill the problem quick smart.

Huck
    That should be the case - I better look into that though.
    Long term users will not have it set by default though as their setting was respected when the default was changed.
  11. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 May '14 13:46
    That should be the case - I better look into that though.
    Long term users will not have it set by default though as their setting was respected when the default was changed.
    Gotcha. Maybe a message to all users telling them you're going to change it first...then it's their fault if it doesn't work. (or a prompt when the app is first uploaded)...oooh look at me, it's just like i'm a game designer now.

Now for my next trick, where i cure cancer by telling doctors "Can't you just make it not happen anymore, that might work".
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 May '14 14:52

Huck
    Tell the truth, Huck. You shook the phone first, didn'tcha?
  13. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 May '14 19:02
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Tell the truth, Huck. You shook the phone first, didn'tcha?
    Nope, but i did question the whole "Allowing old people to use the internet" thing 😛
  14. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    12 May '14 19:23
    I really thought you had taken the bull by the horns several years ago and had all the cell phone things up and running. Did smart phones get dumber? The evolution process seems to be going backwards. Has new technologies made it more difficult for you now than it was three or four years ago? I feel for you brother.
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 May '14 22:56
    Nope, but i did question the whole "Allowing old people to use the internet" thing 😛
    We invented it, pal.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree