General Forum

General Forum

  1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1888
    21 Feb '13 12:58
    12 years since we threw that switch and came online.

    Hopefully it doesn't become a troublesome teenager next year.
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    21 Feb '13 13:01
    Originally posted by Russ
    12 years since we threw that switch and came online.

    Hopefully it doesn't become a troublesome teenager next year.
    Well done Russ, good job.

    Happy birthday RHP.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1888
    21 Feb '13 13:211 edit
    I'm posting using the new layout - shame we didn't get it released for today.

    Some screen grabs here if you are interested (slightly out of date now] Thread 151269

    And I may as well take the opportunity to ask everyone to upgrade their browser, if they can. If you are an Internet Explorer 7 holdout, please upgrade ASAP. The site will soon not function using IE7.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    21 Feb '13 13:38
    Originally posted by Russ
    And I may as well take the opportunity to ask everyone to upgrade their browser, if they can. If you are an Internet Explorer 7 holdout, please upgrade ASAP. The site will soon not function using IE7.
    Is IE7 anything like a troublesome teenager?
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97094
    21 Feb '13 14:28
    Happy birthday RHP and many more.
    Why is this in the GF? Should it not be in announcements or is it this (the GF) a more active forum?😉
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    21 Feb '13 15:581 edit
    Originally posted by Russ

    12 years since we threw that switch and came online.

    Hopefully it doesn't become a troublesome teenager next year.
    Great Job, Russ & Chris!

    Take a Step Back in Time to the Good Olde Days in 2001 when Red Hot Pawn was Still a Pup:

    http://web.archive.org/web/20010304170336/http:/www.redhotpawn.com/

    "RHP, Best Game in Town" (anon, 13.02.21)
    .
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    919286
    21 Feb '13 18:51
    Congratulation and Happy Birthday RHP!

    The terrible teens are inevitable. Hang on!
  8. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    1810
    21 Feb '13 18:53
    Let's hear it for one of the most thoroughly thought out, most functional web experiences I have ever had.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97094
    21 Feb '13 18:57
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Let's hear it for one of the most thoroughly thought out, most functional web experiences I have ever had.
    Looking for a "freebee"?
  10. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    1810
    21 Feb '13 19:04
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Looking for a "freebee"?
    No thanks, I'm married.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97094
    21 Feb '13 19:11
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    No thanks, I'm married.
    So you too have paid.
  12. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    1810
    21 Feb '13 19:16
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    So you too have paid.
    The ultimate price, aye.
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97094
    21 Feb '13 19:34
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    The ultimate price, aye.
    Death? Oh how macabre. Are you a Zombie (and I don't mean a member of the 60's group)?
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    21 Feb '13 20:22
    RHP is twelve today.
    The site where many chat and play.
    A darling of the social media.
    Lots of fun and lessons to feed ya.

    Russ is the surgeon the doctor of all,
    Greenpawn the mentor upon you call.
    The forums are many and varied indeed,
    general, debates, clans and even creed.

    Some are heroes, there are villians too.
    You never know who you are talking to.
    One thing is sure, it's never boring,
    but watch out when the trolls are touring.

    How long can it last? who can say?
    many more years if more will pay.
    This is only site that I gave money.
    long live chess, long live RHP.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    21 Feb '13 21:29
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody

    RHP is twelve today.
    The site where many chat and play.
    A darling of the social media.
    Lots of fun and lessons to feed ya.

    Russ is the surgeon the doctor of all,
    Greenpawn the mentor upon you call.
    The forums are many and varied indeed,
    general, debates, clans and even creed.

    Some are heroes, there are villians too.
    You never know who ...[text shortened]... years if more will pay.
    This is only site that I gave money.
    long live chess, long live RHP.
    Copy that!
Back to Top