1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '15 20:561 edit
    You can put you most valuable memory, item, person or whatever in here...
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '15 21:021 edit
    I remember lying in a field of barley in Halwill Junction in North Devon with my then girlfriend. We spent a couple of hours of that summer afternoon looking at the sky and each other. We were 17. It's a memory I'd like to place in the safe depot is box.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Mar '15 21:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You can put you most valuable memory, item, person or whatever on here...
    Mine involve all three, but is far to rude for RHP. Good idea though.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    14 Mar '15 21:151 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Mar '15 21:28
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    I will put the view from the house where I was born, of a beautiful wildflower meadow of tall grass filled with buttercups, cow slips, clover and ox eye daisies and the trampled pathway to the farm beyond.

2015 RHP Prose - The results Thread 163295

".... and the winner with 32 points is Lilac by drewnogal

All hail the new champion and well done to all the writers."

Little wonder that you were crowned our "new champion". I'm glad you're here.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 Mar '15 22:00
    Mine would be cross country skiing on a late afternoon with my ex wife and dad, when he was in his 70's and me in my early forties and her early 30's and hearing him, my dad, saying, "Come on you two try to keep up. Mum's got the hot toddies waiting back at the house."
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 04:001 edit
    That hydrogen sulfide smell from the geyser field in Yellowstone, age twelve, family vacation trip. That experience came back viscerally years later when I made visit number two to the national park.

{They say the Yellowstone caldera will blow again, pretty much ruining the whole day for North Americans.}
  8. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 09:21
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    That hydrogen sulfide smell from the geyser field in Yellowstone, age twelve, family vacation trip. That experience came back viscerally years later when I made visit number two to the national park.

{They say the Yellowstone caldera will blow again, pretty much ruining the whole day for North Americans.}
    Downhill skiing vacations with family and friends in Sälen, Sweden - early morning and we had all managed to find our boots and skis and were getting ready to take the lift up to our favourite slopes. All was very quiet and the pistes were still hard and a little icy.

Good memories especially since skiing is something I can't do anymore.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 12:12
    Originally posted by lolof
    Downhill skiing vacations with family and friends in Sälen, Sweden - early morning and we had all managed to find our boots and skis and were getting ready to take the lift up to our favourite slopes. All was very quiet and the pistes were still hard and a little icy.

Good memories especially since skiing is something I can't do anymore.
    Mine is sliding down this slope age of 8 at a summer camp in California using corrugated aluminum bent up in front for a sled. Sliding through the nice greenery that turned out to be a vast bed of poison ivy.

Me and my buddies did that for an hour or so. Then I found out I was the only one immune to poison Ivy🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree