1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 00:061 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Okay, what am I thinking? 😕
    Ummmm, lessee.... I see a hammer... a really BIG hammer...
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 00:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10402641_967541116608675_7092004528405538510_n.jpg
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 00:141 edit
    Doesn't hammer beat a rock, scissors and paper then??
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 00:16
    https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10402641_967541116608675_7092004528405538510_n.jpg
    lol, classic
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    Bridge
    Hand
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    Doesn't hammer beat a rock, scissors and paper then??
    To a pulp, yes.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 00:311 edit
    But wait a minute here. Doesn't Rock "break" Scissors?

Where's the "strategy" then?

Are we just basically guessing 1, 2 or 3 then?
    Suzi, here is the email sent to myself with the first ten answers. Please take a minute or two to read the scientific findings from the UK about this time honored game: pattern recognition, bluff and double bluff are all part of the suggested strategy.

Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 4:56 AM
    To: Bob...
    Subject: Rock-Paper-Scissors Game

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Red Hot Pawn/General Forum “Rock-Paper-Scissors Game”

Picks 1-10: 1) Scissors; 2) Scissors; 3) Paper; 4) Paper; 5) Paper;
    6) ; Rock; 7) Rock; 8) Rock; 9) Rock; 10) Scissors.

Round #1: One Point for Ponderable. Round #2 begins now with the same format as Round #1 and a different email. ~Bob

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    Rock-Paper-Scissors Game

To Win: Paper hides Rock; Scissors cuts Paper; Rock breaks Scissors. Here are some findings on strategy from the UK:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/3319456/The-secret-to-winning-at-rock-paper-scissors.html

As the house, so to speak, I'll email the first ten picks to myself immediately after posting this thread and will post its date and time line with those picks here as soon as ten individual picks are posted (if there's interest, we'll repeat the routine). One point for your first correct pick, two for your second, three for your third, etc. Play as often as you wish taking turns.

Who will reign as King or Queen of the Paper, Rock, Scissors Game Hill during 2014? May the best strategist win. Enjoy.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 00:39
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Suzi, here is the email sent to myself with the first ten answers. Please take a minute or two to read the scientific findings from the UK about this time honored game: pattern recognition, bluff and double bluff are all part of the suggested strategy.

[quote]Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 4:56 AM

Wed ...[text shortened]... or Queen of the Paper, Rock, Scissors Game Hill during 2014? May the best strategist win. Enjoy.
    But my point is that if the object is not to BEAT your choice with ours, then what IS the point? Kiki chose Rock for #2, which beat your choice Scissors, but you told him that Rock was the wrong choice for #2.

tl;dr version: If we're not trying to BEAT your choice, but only to GUESS your choice, then what is the freaking point here and what does strategy have to do with it?

Maybe you could address this now. Note: I don't need to see the OP again to understand your answer, as long as you understand my question.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 00:41

[quote]Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 4:56 AM

Wed ...[text shortened]... or Queen of the Paper, Rock, Scissors Game Hill during 2014? May the best strategist win. Enjoy.
    You are suggesting people use a strategy of "bluff and double bluff" in their interactions with the content of an e-mail you have written to yourself?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 00:471 edit
    But my point is that if the object is not to BEAT your choice with ours, then what IS the point? Kiki chose Rock for #2, which beat your choice Scissors, but you told him that Rock was the wrong choice for #2.

tl;dr version: If we're not trying to BEAT your choice, but only to GUESS your choice, then what is the freaking point here and what does strate ...[text shortened]... eed to see the OP again to understand your answer, as long as you understand my question.
    Okay, Suzi. Your suggestion is far superior. In retrospect, mine was wrong.
    We'll start fresh with Round #2; my picks are locked in a second email.
    Thank you.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 00:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are suggesting people use a strategy of "bluff and double bluff" in their interactions with the content of an e-mail you have written to yourself?
    Please take a minute or two to read the scientific findings for topic interest sake if nothing else.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 00:56
    Please take a minute or two to read the scientific findings for topic interest sake if nothing else.
    That article has convinced you that one can "bluff and double bluff" an inanimate object like a piece of paper with writing on it or a screen displaying text, neither of which can change itself and neither of which are capable of using a strategy of "bluff and double bluff"? This article has convinced you that this is possible [without redefining the words "bluff" and "double bluff"]? 😛
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 01:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    That article has convinced you that one can "bluff and double bluff" an inanimate object like a piece of paper with writing on it or a screen displaying text, neither of which can change itself and neither of which are capable of using a strategy of "bluff and double bluff"? This article has convinced you that this is possible [without redefining the words "bluff" and "double bluff"]? 😛
    Round #2 is underway. Your first pick?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 01:21
    Do you know what the words "bluff" and "double bluff" actually mean? 😕
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 01:25
    Rock

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree