General Forum

General Forum

Rules

Standard memberSahuaro
General 12 Mar '14 23:55
  1. old pueblo
    Joined
    03 Apr '11
    Moves
    12696
    12 Mar '14 23:55
    What are your self-imposed rules when you play?

    My number one rule:

    DO NOT make any moves before work. Just because you are sitting upright and dressed for work does not mean you are awake. It's 6:30 and you MUST NOT MOVE.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97169
    13 Mar '14 00:22
    When your partner asks you a question don't, under any circumstances, say the first thing that comes into your mind because, although it may be right...it isn't.
  3. Joined
    12 Dec '13
    Moves
    28350
    13 Mar '14 00:30
    Best advice I received this year, "before you click submit move, take an extra 5 seconds to look for those pesky horses."
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    13 Mar '14 00:581 edit
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    What are your self-imposed rules when you play?

    My number one rule:

    DO NOT make any moves before work. Just because you are sitting upright and dressed for work does not mean you are awake. It's 6:30 and you MUST NOT MOVE.
    First: [Flip Board] in order to see the last move your opponent made from his or her perspective: What's next?

    Second: [Analyze Board] as many replies and continuations as time allows: Play out a minimum of three moves.

    Third: Challenge your best option one last time. Then before Clicking Move respond to any In-Game Messages.

    Note: Nice thread idea, Sahuaro. Thanks.
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    13 Mar '14 02:05
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    What are your self-imposed rules when you play?

    My number one rule:

    DO NOT make any moves before work. Just because you are sitting upright and dressed for work does not mean you are awake. It's 6:30 and you MUST NOT MOVE.
    I am online and playing just after my morning constitutional. I figure after all that, the chess board's safe. 😕
  6. water
    Joined
    24 Jan '14
    Moves
    3078
    13 Mar '14 07:37
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I am online and playing just after my morning constitutional. I figure after all that, the chess board's safe. 😕
    Did your thumbnail pic change? it seems to be different every week. or I'm mad😵
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2365
    13 Mar '14 14:251 edit
    Check all checks.
    Check for hanging pieces.
    Check all knight forks (remembering that Ns move in a circle, not an 'L' ).
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    13 Mar '14 14:50
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Check all checks.
    Check for hanging pieces.
    Check all knight forks (remembering that Ns move in a circle, not an 'L' ).
    "Check all knight forks (remembering that Ns move in a circle, not an 'L' )." -moonbus

    .....and that the knight is the only piece that defies gravity in leaving the board to leap over other pieces (to do harm).
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    13 Mar '14 15:23
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    .....and that the knight is the only piece that defies gravity in leaving the board to leap over other pieces (to do harm).
    Except for a rook, when castling.
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    14 Mar '14 02:22
    Originally posted by Copope
    Did your thumbnail pic change? it seems to be different every week. or I'm mad😵
    You must be mad. I've no picture on my thumbnail. 😕
  11. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Feb '14
    Moves
    1339
    14 Mar '14 15:01
    remember to lift the lid in the loo
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97169
    14 Mar '14 16:54
    Originally posted by redbarons
    remember to lift the lid in the loo
    Remember to put the seat back down.
  13. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Feb '14
    Moves
    1339
    14 Mar '14 16:57
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Remember to put the seat back down.
    little boys that live in glass houses should draw the blinds before removing their trousers
  14. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    40565
    18 Apr '14 07:49
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    You must be mad. I've no picture on my thumbnail. 😕
    Did you hear ka-ching, just now?
  15. This is embarrasking
    Joined
    17 Nov '05
    Moves
    39506
    18 Apr '14 13:52
    1) Always ask yourself are you sure you want to make that move?
    2)Then ask yourself are you really sure?
    3) Then ask really, really sure?
    4) Then ask really, really, really sure?
    5) Then go out and buy new monitor because you know your going to be really, really, really, really pissed after you click send move and find a better move latter.
Back to Top