1. Joined
    04 May '07
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 11:10
    Strange question - I want to set up a chess competition between two schools in two countries - but not using redhotpawn - I want it to be private between the students in the schools for the moment. Both schools have internet and use moodle platform. Does anyone know if I can import the technology from redhotpawn into moodle? or whether this site allows private games between groups? Of course the name of the site isn't appropriate for children!
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 11:37
    You could use redhotchess, timeforchess, chessatwork, or playtheimmortalgame, they're all redhotpawn sites. You could also create a club for each of your groups, which would give each group a private forum.
  3. Joined
    04 May '07
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 12:08
    Thanks Kewpie - any hints on where to start? Assume I know less than nothing!
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 12:56
    The biggest difficulty here is that only subscribers can be club leaders, and only one club per leader at that. Sorry, I should have thought of that before making the suggestion. You may be able to find two subscribers who don't own clubs, who are prepared to create them for you. No restrictions on club memberships, only the leaders. You can belong to both clubs yourself.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 15:16
    Originally posted by Queendefender
    Thanks Kewpie - any hints on where to start? Assume I know less than nothing!
    I would volunteer to create and lead one of those groups. You would have to give me the names of the people however so only they can get in.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 16:08
    This is not something we can support directly on this site, but I would like to speak to you about it offline. Send a feedback, and I'll pick it up in email there.
  7. Joined
    04 May '07
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 17:00
    Thanks for your offer of help. Lets see what Russ can do to help......it sounds exciting
  8. Joined
    04 May '07
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 17:00
    Thanks Russ - lets sort it out by email then. Thanks everyone else for comments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree