1. Subscriberflyingcod
    Berg Katze
    The Edge of Sanity
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 14:06
    Just thought I'd come and say hello even though I've been actively playing for 18 months. Became addicted to chess at age of 37, anyone else had this mid-life addiction (crisis?) to a game I had no interest for previous 36 years. Hell, I even watched the Anand v. Carlsen WC! What is happening to me? 🙄 😉

Wife bought me my first proper chess set this Christmas and I'm starting to see a lot more in terms of moves/strategy/etc.

Hit me up for a game any time (really considering paying for a year subs)

flyingcod
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 14:11
    Originally posted by flyingcod
    Just thought I'd come and say hello even though I've been actively playing for 18 months. Became addicted to chess at age of 37, anyone else had this mid-life addiction (crisis?) to a game I had no interest for previous 36 years. Hell, I even watched the Anand v. Carlsen WC! What is happening to me? 🙄 😉

Wife bought me my first proper chess set this ...[text shortened]... y/etc.

Hit me up for a game any time (really considering paying for a year subs)

flyingcod
    Hello, enjoy the game as long you can 😉

If you want to (and have a free slot) you can challenge me.
  3. Subscriberflyingcod
    Berg Katze
    The Edge of Sanity
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 14:18
    Thanks, I will do.

fc
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 19:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 21:09
    Advise you to avoid 14. R-e6 (very bad move).
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '11
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 21:581 edit
    Hi flyingcod,

I was interested to read about your present of a chess set and board. I wondered if I may ask a question please, how are you using this set to improve?

I'm asking as I have never played on a real board only on here since learning to play on this site.

Many thanks in advance and happy new year to you.

Willy....
  7. Subscriberflyingcod
    Berg Katze
    The Edge of Sanity
    Moves
    03 Jan '14 10:081 edit
    Originally posted by Sirdubalot
    Hi flyingcod,

I was interested to read about your present of a chess set and board. I wondered if I may ask a question please, how are you using this set to improve?

I'm asking as I have never played on a real board only on here since learning to play on this site.

Many thanks in advance and happy new year to you.

Willy....
    Hi Willy,

As prev mentioned in my original post with a real board/pieces I seem to "see" a lot more in terms of where the pieces can move. I robbed an opponent of his queen by using my knight in a check pin with the king & queen, that came about from playing about with the pieces. I still use the analyse board feature on here but it's nice to have a different setup to look at. Get a board and try it; it may work, it may not.

Every evening (when the kids are in bed!) I like to set up each RHP game I have on the go on my board and see what I can develop, where I can attack, where I can defend. I still make the odd blunder (who doesn't? 😕) but I feel more confident in my game.

Good luck.

fc
    ps - my 3yr old boy seems to have taken up the game as well! He loves my board more than me! 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree