1. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    03 Jun '13 17:221 edit
    I find incredibly rude and disrespectful that when I joined the siege queue for the one day timeout, Augustkim, the defender, immediately resigned the game because of my lower rating. I think this defeats the purpose of the sieges. They are also an opportunity for lower players to play players who they wouldn't normally play.When it says the player must defend the siege, it means against everyone.
  2. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    03 Jun '13 18:26
    Does anyone have an opinion on this matter?
  3. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    03 Jun '13 18:52
    Originally posted by Tygert
    Sorry can't help you Tygert, I never played a siege game.
    I've never played a ladder game either. I just play chess for fun
    and to make friendly chat. I would not be a serious player.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Jun '13 19:24
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Sorry can't help you Tygert, I never played a siege game.
    I've never played a ladder game either. I just play chess for fun
    and to make friendly chat. I would not be a serious player.
    You and I seem to have some things in common...well except the subscriber thing of course.😳
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Jun '13 01:16
    I find incredibly rude and disrespectful that when I joined the siege queue for the one day timeout, Augustkim, the defender, immediately resigned the game because of my lower rating. I think this defeats the purpose of the sieges. They are also an opportunity for lower players to play players who they wouldn't normally play.When it says the player must defend the siege, it means against [b]everyone.[/b]
    What makes you think it's because of your lower rating? I notice you've played siege against her before.
  6. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    04 Jun '13 04:39
    Is there any other reason? It's happened to me more then once by other players too such as johnny09, a 2100 player.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Jun '13 09:58
    Hi,

* the point of a siege is to hold is as long as possible. A strong player should be able to hold longer against weak opposition than against strong one. If a player is giving up their siege position it is most probable that they lost interest in the defence regardless of opposition.

* If they gave up because of the rating it would only make sense if they expected a loss. And I don't think that your rating is so inaccurate that the caliber of AugustKim or Johnny09 would have any fear of that.

* You are now in the history of the siege board as a defender and maybe you can even defend and you will face strong opposition anyway since siege boards defended by comparatively weak players attract the stronger sieger board collectors.

Cheers
  8. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    04 Jun '13 11:13
    Originally posted by Ponderable

* If they gave up because of the rating it would only make sense if they expected a loss. And I don't think that your rating is so inaccurate that the caliber of AugustKim or Johnny09 would have any fear of that.
    I'm afraid you've misinterpreted what I was meaning to say. I doubt Augustkim has lost interest in the defense, she seems to be entered in every second siege. I didn't mean my rating was inaccurate, I meant that they resigned the game because they thought it was a waste of their time to play me when it is an almost inevitable win for them. They would rather give up their siege position than play me.
  9. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    04 Jun '13 12:04
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    You and I seem to have some things in common...well except the subscriber thing of course.😳
    I've looked up her profile.
    Wow what a record, look at all those tournaments.
    I only ever won one tournament and then that's only
    because I think the others made more mistakes than I did.
    I was the last man standing if you like.

I think if she decided to play me I'd be dead in 10 moves.

Well done AugustKim.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 10:39
    Interestingly enough after I took the siege from Tygert I was challenged twise (by Augustkim and by JBMermaid) and both gave up their games again more or less imidiately.

So now I have two wins against 1900+. I am impressed by myself.
  11. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 10:43
    It's really strange, isn't it? Why would they even enter the siege queue?
  12. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 10:51
    It's really strange, isn't it? Why would they even enter the siege queue?
    Different people have different personalities.
    I agree it is strange but then you have to allow
    for human nature. We humans are moody creatures.
    I have my moods. I'm sure you do too. 🙂
  13. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 14:26
    I get moody after a blunder.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree