1. Standard memberTimChess
    ChessHulk
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 12:22
    When I elected to signup to this site using the google authentication, it looks like my userid was selected for me. I use my real name with google but don't like to for game sites. I didn't see an option to give a userid for this site. Either I missed it or the userid is always auto-selected in that way. I understand the policy is to not allow changing userids, but this is literally the first thing I have done here, so I don't see changing my userid will "cause confusion".
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 12:32
    Originally posted by @tim-nesham
    When I elected to signup to this site using the google authentication, it looks like my userid was selected for me. I use my real name with google but don't like to for game sites. I didn't see an option to give a userid for this site. Either I missed it or the userid is always auto-selected in that way. I understand the policy is to not allow changing u ...[text shortened]... ally the first thing I have done here, so I don't see changing my userid will "cause confusion".
    Send feedback (on bottom of page). Russ will change your username for you
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 13:55
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Mention how it happened, too. Avoiding your real name is one of the few reasons this site will usually accept for a name change, so it might be worth the effort to let you change your name on Google sign-up yourself.
  4. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 01:43
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Maybe to something filthy.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 07:14
    Originally posted by @tim-nesham
    When I elected to signup to this site using the google authentication, it looks like my userid was selected for me. I use my real name with google but don't like to for game sites. I didn't see an option to give a userid for this site. Either I missed it or the userid is always auto-selected in that way. I understand the policy is to not allow changing u ...[text shortened]... ally the first thing I have done here, so I don't see changing my userid will "cause confusion".
    Try “sonhouse2”
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 10:34
    @timchess - I've updated your name, but if you want something of your choosing, please send feedback with a unique alternative.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree