General Forum

General Forum

Skint

Standard memberredbadger
General 14 Apr '15 15:15
  1. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    14 Apr '15 15:15
    anybody watch it ?, ever lived someplace similar?. Americans need not answer as there could be nowhere like the Valleys there only trailer parks.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526000
    05 May '15 13:48
    http://de.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skint

    every day there is something to learn....
  3. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    05 May '15 13:54
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    http://de.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skint

    every day there is something to learn....
    TV program about people in the valleys of wales where all the mines have been shut down and the steel works, so they are all on the Pan crack (dole) they are in fact Skint and the show tells how they make ends meet by hook or by Crook.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526000
    03 Jul '15 10:19
    Originally posted by redbadger
    anybody watch it ?, ever lived someplace similar?. Americans need not answer as there could be nowhere like the Valleys there only trailer parks.
    you can probably soon film something like that in Greece...their governemnt really let them down.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526000
    30 Aug '15 07:27
    Originally posted by redbadger
    TV program about people in the valleys of wales where all the mines have been shut down and the steel works, so they are all on the Pan crack (dole) they are in fact Skint and the show tells how they make ends meet by hook or by Crook.
    It is an interesting discussion about whose responsibility it is that people are able to win their bread.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    30 Aug '15 07:521 edit
    Skint on Skunk doing Skanks™.

    Now that is a show I'd produce.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    30 Aug '15 10:06
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I've enjoyed Wales on many occasions - but never a sunny day! 😉

    Seriously - one of my favourite places is the Gower peninsula - rain or shine!
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    30 Aug '15 10:55
    I'm beyond my sheep ploughing phase, but I do keep fond memories
    of Wales, indeed.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35769
    30 Aug '15 20:40
    Originally posted by redbadger
    TV program about people in the valleys of wales where all the mines have been shut down and the steel works, so they are all on the Pan crack (dole) they are in fact Skint and the show tells how they make ends meet by hook or by Crook.
    You'd be surprised. The economy has devastated many communities in America. Billy Joel wrote about it in "Allentown". There's a movie out soon about living in the San Fernando valley, over the hill from Hollywood.

    Humans have more in common than they realize, despite living thousands of miles apart. Same old, same old.
  10. Arch Stantons Grave
    Joined
    04 Feb '11
    Moves
    28246
    30 Aug '15 22:43
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    engage in some exciting outdoor activities

    Dogging ? and Im not talking about taking fido for a walk.
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    31 Aug '15 06:01
    Originally posted by The Gravedigger
    engage in some exciting outdoor activities

    Dogging ? and Im not talking about taking fido for a walk.
    I see what you did there, naughty boy 😉
  12. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    31 Aug '15 09:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You'd be surprised. The economy has devastated many communities in America. Billy Joel wrote about it in "Allentown". There's a movie out soon about living in the San Fernando valley, over the hill from Hollywood.

    Humans have more in common than they realize, despite living thousands of miles apart. Same old, same old.
    Living on Benefits in the UK is a lot better( Not from my point of view) than they would get in many countries the more children they have the more they can claim £ 60,000 plus in some cases.... its a disgrace.
Back to Top