Slow day at work

Slow day at work

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
29 May 18

I have an incredibly rare slow work day. So I'll be bombarding RHP with posts to alleviate boredom.

I had a lentil today. I'm avoiding carbs for an entire week. Not to lose since I'm tall and slim, but because I saw a documentary discussing sugar intake in the west. I'm avoiding all sugar, including fruit, for a week, just to see if I feel any different at the end of the 7 days. Obviously, not all natural sources of sugar are bad, which is why I'm not giving it up altogether. But this will be an interesting experiment.

The documentary also mentioned "intermittent fasting". I think I'll try that next week as well, combined with avoiding sugar.

So far, i don't feel like I lack any energy, and I still feel like I can go for a run. It's been three days so far.

Moves
29 May 18

Originally posted by @vivify
I have an incredibly rare slow work day. So I'll be bombarding RHP with posts to alleviate boredom.

I had a lentil today. I'm avoiding carbs for an entire week. Not to lose since I'm tall and slim, but because I saw a documentary discussing sugar intake in the west. I'm avoiding all sugar, including fruit, for a week, just to see if I feel any diffe ...[text shortened]... like I lack any energy, and I still feel like I can go for a run. It's been three days so far.
Don't stay on it too long. The results could be...well NOT GOOD.

rain

Moves
29 May 18

Originally posted by @great-big-stees
Don't stay on it too long. The results could be...well NOT GOOD.
Yeah, the body does need glucose, so that would be a bad idea to prolong it.

Moves
29 May 18

Yeah, the body does need glucose, so that would be a bad idea to prolong it.
Eat and drink all in moderation with one glaring exception...beer (lots).😲😉

Gothenburg

Moves
29 May 18

Eat and drink all in moderation with one glaring exception...beer (lots).😲😉
Stees always says 'all in moderation' - good advice I'm sure, but maybe we need excesses every once in a while.

Moves
29 May 18

Originally posted by @torunn
Stees always says 'all in moderation' - good advice I'm sure, but maybe we need excesses every once in a while.
I sometimes (often) don't heed my own advice...sue me. 🙂

Gothenburg

Moves
29 May 18

I sometimes (often) don't heed my own advice...sue me. 🙂
Wouldn't dream of doing that - who wants to be perfect all the time?

Moves
29 May 18

Wouldn't dream of doing that - who wants to be perfect all the time?
A perfectionist?

rain

Moves
29 May 18

I second that. Part of me regrets not having a beer on Memorial Day during a Barbeque.

Moves
29 May 18

I second that. Part of me regrets not having a beer on Memorial Day during a Barbeque.
Your taste buds or brain?

rain

Moves
29 May 18

Your taste buds or brain?
Good point. Thank you brain.

Moves
29 May 18

Everything in moderation - including moderation.

rain

Moves
31 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @shallow-blue
Everything in moderation - including moderation.
Moderation can be split into Mode Ration. As in ration the way you do things carefully.