1. Los Angeles
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 09:30
    It can't be my machine. All my other programs are up to speed except RHP which takes forever to accept moves etc. Anyone else have this problem?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 10:012 edits
    Originally posted by taipei5200
    It can't be my machine. All my other programs are up to speed except RHP which takes forever to accept moves etc. Anyone else have this problem?
    yeah, sometimes its like treacle, other times its fine, it might be maintenance or
    volume load sucking up all the bandwidth, hard to say. For example this reply almost
    timed out, in excess of twenty seconds to load.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 10:16
    I reported this months ago, nothing's changed. I assumed it was a lack of server capacity. I don't get it with other sites, only this one.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 10:46
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I reported this months ago, nothing's changed. I assumed it was a lack of server capacity. I don't get it with other sites, only this one.
    I see that too. But is it Russ' fault? Wouldn't that be the fault of his IP?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 11:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yeah, sometimes its like treacle, other times its fine, it might be maintenance or
    volume load sucking up all the bandwidth, hard to say. For example this reply almost
    timed out, in excess of twenty seconds to load.
    System overload is probably being caused by an excessive volume of posts and threads by certain RHP Members, especially cheap non-subs out for a free ride.
  6. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 14:55
    it's british...

*shrug
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 14:11
    Originally posted by rookie54
    it's british...

*shrug
    the servers are in America, and its almost intolerably slow, its like having dial-up,
    remember dial-up, it used to be called www. the world wide wait.
  8. Wat?
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 15:20
    It takes the RHP site 30-40 minutes to update the forums and my moves, and at my end in, poor Thailand, I have 10Meg/sec service.

Russ is taking the money and running, or his major interests are elsewhere.

I've complained and sent feedback on numerous occasions about this also, to no avail.

The RHP server system is outdated. and approching defunct!

-m.
  9. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 15:27
    Originally posted by mikelom
    It takes the RHP site 30-40 minutes to update the forums and my moves, and at my end in, poor Thailand, I have 10Meg/sec service.

Russ is taking the money and running, or his major interests are elsewhere.

I've complained and sent feedback on numerous occasions about this also, to no avail.

The RHP server system is outdated. and approching defunct!

-m.
    I have no problem at all. Th site loads fast and refreshes without hiccups.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 21:20
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    You mean they didn't listen to you? :'(
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 22:211 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 22:56
    There are a few of us here that complain of this as regular as clockwork...Russ even came on here and said the site 'needed a tune up', that was maybe 5-6mths ago..
    Sometimes it takes TEN minutes for me to post here, I timed it only recently and reported it in another thread. Making moves always appear 'less affected' than posting but of late it's taking a couple of minutes to even do that
    Here are a couple of recent 'site slow' threads, the latter is not yet 'closed', I think..

Thread 144548

Thread 148821
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 23:111 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    There are a few of us here that complain of this as regular as clockwork...Russ even came on here and said the site 'needed a tune up', that was maybe 5-6mths ago..
    Sometimes it takes TEN minutes for me to post here, I timed it only recently and reported it in another thread. Making moves always appear 'less affected' than posting but of late it's takin t yet 'closed', I think..

Thread 144548

Thread 148821
    Ten minutes? Are you stupid? If it stalls, close window and start again... are you allowed to vote next month? Seems like there should be some sort of intelligence test to be pass for that right.
  14. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 23:21

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    29 Oct '12 00:15
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Ten minutes? Are you stupid? If it stalls, close window and start again... are you allowed to vote next month? Seems like there should be some sort of intelligence test to be pass for that right.
    Done it all thanks, but you have to spoil your offering(s) by 'attaching' insults....
    I find this 'flaming' technique of yours quite boring to be frank, you should know that as you've tried it before...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree