1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '12 17:09
    So, when to the market the other day to buy some mangoes and a papaya. Bought the papaya first which was exactly 1kg, mangoes were S/.2 per kilo (about $0.80), put 3 of them in a bag and the woman said S/.2. Lifted the papaya bag, there wasn't 1kg in my mango bag, asked if i could see the scales and the woman said no. Took the bag from me and went on to talk to someone else, while she was talking i counted out S/.1:80, lifted the bag and gave her the money saying 'falta 20'.

Today i went back to the same market stall to buy more mangoes, same thing put 3 in the bag but this time she looked at the scales and added a forth mango then asked for S/.2. Because of that i ended up buying someone else there as well...
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Oct '12 17:171 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    So, when to the market the other day to buy some mangoes and a papaya. Bought the papaya first which was exactly 1kg, mangoes were S/.2 per kilo (about $0.80), put 3 of them in a bag and the woman said S/.2. Lifted the papaya bag, there wasn't 1kg in my mango bag, asked if i could see the scales and the woman said no. Took the bag from me and went on to talk th mango then asked for S/.2. Because of that i ended up buying someone else there as well...
    Interesting, Trev. Foreign currency can be perplexing. By the way, in your conversations, did this
    savvy stall keeper mention the proper use of upper and lower case letters? Just askin. Ha,
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    30 Oct '12 17:21
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Interesting, Trev. Foreign currency can be perplexing. By the way, in your conversations, did this
    savvy stall keeper mention the proper use of upper and lower case letters? Just askin. Ha,
    Be careful what you say, he likes calling other folk idiots but fails to see his own 'limitations', and in whatever guise it's apparent in... 😉
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '12 17:26
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Be careful what you say, he likes calling other folk idiots but fails to see his own 'limitations', and in whatever guise it's apparent in... 😉
    I have limitations a plenty, fortunately one does not include sitting and staring at a monitor for 10 minutes waiting for a website.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Oct '12 17:36
    I have limitations a plenty, fortunately one does not include sitting and staring at a monitor for 10 minutes waiting for a website.
    Bad and getting worse.
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    30 Oct '12 17:41
    Who said anything about 'staring at a monitor for 10 minutes waiting for a website'...I merely timed it whilst another tab was open...And yes, I've noticed your 'limitations aplenty', one being you don't read, you just find it easier to throw insults.....
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Oct '12 17:46
    So, when to the market the other day to buy some mangoes and a papaya. Bought the papaya first which was exactly 1kg, mangoes were S/.2 per kilo (about $0.80), put 3 of them in a bag and the woman said S/.2. Lifted the papaya bag, there wasn't 1kg in my mango bag, asked if i could see the scales and the woman said no. Took the bag from me and went on to talk ...[text shortened]... th mango then asked for S/.2. Because of that i ended up buying someone else there as well...
    mmmmmangoes!
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    30 Oct '12 18:17
    So, when to the market the other day to buy some mangoes and a papaya. Bought the papaya first which was exactly 1kg, mangoes were S/.2 per kilo (about $0.80), put 3 of them in a bag and the woman said S/.2. Lifted the papaya bag, there wasn't 1kg in my mango bag, asked if i could see the scales and the woman said no. Took the bag from me and went on to talk ...[text shortened]... th mango then asked for S/.2. Because of that i ended up buying someone else there as well...
    YouTube
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '12 23:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    mmmmmangoes!
    Thought you would appreciate the thread Robbie 😉
  10. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    30 Oct '12 23:34
    Thought you would appreciate the thread Robbie 😉
    If you ever get to Rita's Water Ice ,get the mango...
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 12:53
    Just for the uninformed, who was the learner in your scenario?
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 13:48
    Who else did you buy there?
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 15:38
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Just for the uninformed, who was the learner in your scenario?
    The stall keeper... now she has a returning customer, a lot more profit that trying to rip someone off for 200g of mango or so. I gave her the chance to redeem herself by going back and she did.

Doesn't matter to me who i buy the fruit from, i just want to pay what i'm supposed to... actually when i went back i'm sure the two bags, one of mango and the other of a funny type of melon that i've only seen here was slightly over 1kg.
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 16:11
    The stall keeper... now she has a returning customer, a lot more profit that trying to rip someone off for 200g of mango or so. I gave her the chance to redeem herself by going back and she did.

Doesn't matter to me who i buy the fruit from, i just want to pay what i'm supposed to... actually when i went back i'm sure the two bags, one of mango and the other of a funny type of melon that i've only seen here was slightly over 1kg.
    From the sounds of it she fancies you...or your knee pads.
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 18:391 edit
    hOriginally posted by Great Big Stees
    From the sounds of it she fancies you...or your knee pads.
    Who can resist the knee pads? How do you think i got my current girlfriend? It wasn't my dancing i can assure you. Six months on Sunday, whoa... how did that happen?

Knee pads, all of it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree