1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 03:07
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I'm partial to a) myself. I find the game most interesting when both me and my opponent are going for a).
    You're in good company: Bobby Fischer also said he like to hear the sound of his opponents' egos being crushed.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 03:141 edit
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    No problem. You might want to go back and delete those posts if you still can. Better than a forum ban.
    "Red Hot Pawn Terms of Service

3. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
    In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to :

(a) You will not create more than one account.

(b) While a game is in progress you may not refer to chess engines, chess computers or be assisted by a third party. Endgame tablebases may not be consulted during play but you may reference books, databases consisting of previously played games between human players, and other pre-existing research materials."

Technically, suggesting a gentleman's draw might be considered a violation especially if the player was losing; in this instance the player wasn't seeking advice... just blowing off steam. Marginal infraction, nonetheless. Thanks again.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 03:551 edit
    Rec for post above.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 04:04
    Mr. Hopple profile says: ... I make moves throughout the day on my phone while at work, so if I make a big blunder think nothing of it.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 11:21
    Originally posted by white boy bob
    someone who's losing a game can just throw a fit, accuse me of cheating, and blacklist me and I have no recourse? (Mott the Hoople!)

I was having a good game for once.. you ruined my whole night. I am not a cheater.
    I doubt that one aggrieved opponent's unsubstantiated accusation is sufficient to get you blacklisted.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 12:33
    Originally posted by moonbus
    I doubt that one aggrieved opponent's unsubstantiated accusation is sufficient to get you blacklisted.
    If "blacklisting" is meant to mean being put on a persons ignore list it could well be that a single suspicion will get a person there. But that is ot relevant in the big image...
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 11:39
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    If "blacklisting" is meant to mean being put on a persons ignore list it could well be that a single suspicion will get a person there. But that is ot relevant in the big image...
    if however "blacklisting" is banning then there is no chance for that from one suspicion...there have been few banning the last few years
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 11:50
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    if however "blacklisting" is banning then there is no chance for that from one suspicion...there have been few banning the last few years
    Have people changed or is it that the Mods are a little more "forgiving"?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 14:00
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    they gave me a weeks forum ban for texting the words BACK OF THE NET it upset supergirl.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 16:43
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    It seems that there are no game moderators anymore. Some suspicions have been aired about (mostly) the top players on the site, but nothiung happened. In fact threads in which games and engine use were discussed lived much longer than they used to.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 21:06
    Originally posted by redbarons
    they gave me a weeks forum ban for texting the words BACK OF THE NET it upset supergirl.
    Is that you, Vince?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree