General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    03 Apr '16 19:47
    https://panamapapers.icij.org/

    Oh joy 🙂

    Clap your hands if you dream with the 99% running amok,
    rioting, hanging politicians and the wealthy from trees, and
    ransacking their houses and properties.
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    03 Apr '16 19:592 edits
    Originally posted by Seitse
    https://panamapapers.icij.org/

    Oh joy 🙂

    Clap your hands if you dream with the 99% running amok,
    rioting, hanging politicians and the wealthy from trees, and
    ransacking their houses and properties.
    Yes its huge, but I prefer a simple redistribution of wealth, no need for liberation theology.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    03 Apr '16 22:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes its huge, but I prefer a simple redistribution of wealth, no need for liberation theology.
    I prefer old school purge, brother. Public plaza executions by an angry mob and all.
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    04 Apr '16 09:58
    Originally posted by Seitse
    https://panamapapers.icij.org/

    Oh joy 🙂

    Clap your hands if you dream with the 99% running amok,
    rioting, hanging politicians and the wealthy from trees, and
    ransacking their houses and properties.
    Mob mentality.

    All the rich, or just the crooked ones? Anarchy takes the lives of the innocent. Start that ball rolling and you play into the hands of the corrupt. Arrest, prosecute and incarcerate the guilty rich.
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    04 Apr '16 10:151 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes its huge, but I prefer a simple redistribution of wealth, no need for liberation theology.
    Why "redistribution"? Why not just and equitable distribution? And why is it always about money? What about education? Knowledge is power, and the powerful make getting an education too expensive for the poor, continuing the endless cycle of disparity.

    Cap income. Free education. Flat tax.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    04 Apr '16 10:32
    Originally posted by josephw
    Mob mentality.

    All the rich, or just the crooked ones? Anarchy takes the lives of the innocent. Start that ball rolling and you play into the hands of the corrupt. Arrest, prosecute and incarcerate the guilty rich.
    Some of us just want to see the world burn.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526294
    04 Apr '16 10:37
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Some of us just want to see the world burn.
    ...the world burns and you have achieved what?
  8. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    97095
    04 Apr '16 10:39
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    ...the world burns and you have achieved what?
    A place to warm your hands.
  9. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    04 Apr '16 10:40
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    ...the world burns and you have achieved what?
    Savings on heating bills?

    NOTE: The author of this post does not agree with Seitse's views.
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    04 Apr '16 11:131 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    ...the world burns and you have achieved what?
    Why should all actions be geared towards any sort of 'achievement'?

    Life is not an Xbox first person shooter, you know.
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526294
    04 Apr '16 11:47
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Why should all actions be geared towards any sort of 'achievement'?

    Life is not an Xbox first person shooter, you know.
    It should not, but People don't do anthing, except to achieve something. Like drinking to quench thirst; sleeping to restore strength; provocing to be seen...
  12. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    04 Apr '16 12:02
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    It should not, but People don't do anthing, except to achieve something. Like drinking to quench thirst; sleeping to restore strength; provocing to be seen...
    If you're a utilitarian, then yes, people only respond to procurement of
    pleasure or avoidance of pain.

    So, if you want to see it through that glass: it would cause me great pleasure
    to see drastic change happening soon, and change takes place evolutionarily
    or revolutionarily. This may be an opportunity for revolutionary change.
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    138069
    04 Apr '16 19:36
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Some of us just want to see the world burn.
    Boy !!
    You sure have a positive outlook on life !!
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    138069
    04 Apr '16 19:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes its huge, but I prefer a simple redistribution of wealth, no need for liberation theology.
    2 completely different topics.
    Why equate one with the other ?
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    04 Apr '16 21:33
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    Boy !!
    You sure have a positive outlook on life !!
    We're all slowly dying. That can be positive, depending how you approach the fact.
Back to Top