General Forum

General Forum

1. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 08:19
    Did the subscriber stars change? Also, the speech bubble for threads looks new.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 08:471 edit
    Well spotted. The change was reasonably subtle, but yes, they were updated.

Some new icons have been slowly released throughout the week for a number of things (forum heading icons updated, as were the heading icons below the menus) to see if there are any problems prior to a large general site update in the late summer.

For those interesting in such things, the new icons are vector based, rather than bitmap, so they scale nicely on all devices. To test this, zoom your browser, the stars will remain looking sharp, other graphics will blur at zoom.

This is something I've wanted to update for many years, but only recently has browser support become sufficient. (See this thread : Thread 177125 )
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 10:16
    Stars changed but :'( still not working? :'(
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 10:20
    I'll get around to full emoji support soon.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 10:53
    Originally posted by @russ
    I'll get around to full emoji support soon.
    Probably not the most important alteration on the list.
    Can we have the colours reset to strong yello, strong red and strong green (also a very minor complaint)
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 11:101 edit
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Probably not the most important alteration on the list.
    It isn't, and I was initially against even providing them, but right now mobile app users can enter emojis (as mobile users tend to) and they are not reflected on the web site, so this needs to be fixed for messages at the very least.
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 13:05
    Originally posted by @russ
    Well spotted. The change was reasonably subtle, but yes, they were updated.

Some new icons have been slowly released throughout the week for a number of things (forum heading icons updated, as were the heading icons below the menus) to see if there are any problems prior to a large general site update in the late summer.

For those interesting in such ...[text shortened]... ecently has browser support become sufficient. (See this thread : Thread 177125 )
    It looks very nice, thank you!

So you say that the site is being updated in the late summer (I suppose that's August or so; I'm from the southern hemisphere). Is that an interface upgrade?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 19:52
    I had noticed the new icons, but didn't realize the stars had also changed. Lookin' good, Russ!