1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '12 22:57
    Last Thursday i arrived back in N. Ireland from Peru for a two months visit but didn't tell anyone i was coming back.

Rang the door bell at my sisters house at around 3pm where my mum was looking after my nephew, she came to the door thinking someone was selling something. Instead she saw me through the glass door and nearly had a heart attack.

Sister was working late so i couldn't meet her until the next day but went to my brother-in-laws work when we dropped off my nephew to a stunned face.

Was planning on going to visit my brother the next night and surprise him and his family but as i was buying Guinness at the supermarket he walked up to me and ruined everything. Got him to keep the secret until the following night to surprise his wife and children though.

The same night i was going to see my sister who i had missed the previous night, but my nephew needed to keep a secret... my very talkative 5 year old nephew. A secret if he kept i told him i would give him a present from Peru (he was getting it anyway, of course). The plan was going perfectly until he decided to play a 'quiz' with my sister... 'is Trevor still in Peru?' he asked. Long story short by the end my sister wasn't sure... until i walked in the door of course.

I had planned to go and visit my other sister today but my cousin had a baby on Tuesday who unfortunately was born with a hole in his heart and died the following Thursday with the funeral being held today. Thought my sister would come up for the funeral but she was sick and couldn't go. Ended up calling her from skype to turn on skype the way i normally do but when she answered she was looking at myself and my cat... not the greatest way to surprise but it was the best options available in the circumstances.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    11 Nov '12 23:011 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Last Thursday i arrived back in N. Ireland from Peru for a two months visit but didn't tell anyone i was coming back.

Rang the door bell at my sisters house at around 3pm where my mum was looking after my nephew, she came to the door thinking someone was selling something. Instead she saw me through the glass door and nearly had a heart attack.

Sister the greatest way to surprise but it was the best options available in the circumstances.
    Have a great time Trev. I'd love to visit Ireland myself someday. 🙂
    I'm sorry to hear about the baby though 🙁
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '12 00:10
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Have a great time Trev. I'd love to visit Ireland myself someday. 🙂
    I'm sorry to hear about the baby though 🙁
    It's nice to visit but horrible to live in, especially around this time of year when it's really cold and gets dark at around 4pm. Was nice the last couple of days because i wasn't used to it but trust me after a couple of weeks i'll wish i was back in Peru.

Thanks mate, it was a shock to say the least... nice to see a lot of the family so soon after coming back but not like that.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Nov '12 14:01

Sister ...[text shortened]... the greatest way to surprise but it was the best options available in the circumstances.
    Sorry about your family loss.
  5. Wat?
    Moves
    12 Nov '12 14:59
    Lovely story for those who were surprised.

I did similar a few years back, when nobody was expecting to see me again!

You are there to offer support for the loss, that you would have heard about abroad, had you not done what you did!

Give support - little that it may take away from the loss, but you are there!

Enjoy your days.

-m.
  6. In your face
    Moves
    12 Nov '12 17:50
    Too close for comfort!

Sorry to hear about your sad news 🙁
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '12 22:22
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    Too close for comfort!

Sorry to hear about your sad news 🙁
    Yeah i know... needed to add it for the story though. Only thing you want when a kid is born is for it to be healthy.
  8. In your face
    Moves
    12 Nov '12 22:26
    Yeah i know... needed to add it for the story though. Only thing you want when a kid is born is for it to be healthy.
    No I meant you are too close to comfort to England. 😛
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '12 22:38
    No I meant you are too close to comfort to England. 😛
    Haha... i'll be in London in a couple of months if my girlfriend gets a visa to come and visit... i'll be sure to track you down 😛
  10. In your face
    Moves
    12 Nov '12 23:14
    Haha... i'll be in London in a couple of months if my girlfriend gets a visa to come and visit... i'll be sure to track you down 😛
    Hee hee. I don't live in London so there 😛

Maybe we should meet up some time though and insult each other in the flesh. Always better having a good slanging match face to face.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 01:40
    Hee hee. I don't live in London so there 😛

Maybe we should meet up some time though and insult each other in the flesh. Always better having a good slanging match face to face.
    For sure... plus an you pay up on all those killer bets i told you about but never bet on 😛
  12. In your face
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 21:29
    For sure... plus an you pay up on all those killer bets i told you about but never bet on 😛
    Yeah sound. I will pay you back with empty pint pots 😛
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '12 02:20
    Yeah sound. I will pay you back with empty pint pots 😛
    How can i refuse? lol Where do you live anyway?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree