Tailgating

Standard memberRemoved
General 10 Jan '19 22:41
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 22:41
    If you do this please tell me why. You're wrong in every situation, but I'm just curious. Yes I am mad after my drive home today.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 22:56
    @Astalliana

I'm the exact opposite, I want more space in front than most people, so I'm constantly being cut off by tailgaters jumping into the extra space and forcing me to brake. Can't wait for robot cars.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 23:011 edit
    @astalliana said
    If you do this please tell me why. You're wrong in every situation, but I'm just curious. Yes I am mad after my drive home today.
    I get it frequently and especially in my wife’s car; I just gradually keep slowing down until they back off or overtake.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 23:32
    @Kewpie
    That is super frustrating. All they do is cause traffic to slow down behind them and ultimately get to their destination a minute or two quicker at best.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 00:34
    @astalliana said
    @Kewpie
    That is super frustrating. All they do is cause traffic to slow down behind them and ultimately get to their destination a minute or two quicker at best.
    I just tell myself they must be running late getting to an accident, and I gloat (without being obvious about it, avoiding road rage) whenever I can pull up beside them at the next light, or better yet the light turns green and I cruise on by, back into the lead. A little instant Karma, pardon the pun.

I am very aware of staying out of the passing lane except for passing, when there is traffic. This is a stress reducer for all concerned.
  6. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 01:21
    @astalliana said
    I know exactly what you mean. My mantra is "stay in your own car and concentrate on what's in front of you". That is, you can't let them distract you or upset you and cause you to make mistakes. You can only worry about your own driving and if you react to these boobs negatively you are only providing their entertainment. Be cool and be aware. Remember, the safest car is the one you are operating and a careful, thoughtful and prudent manner.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 01:37
    @astalliana said
    If you are driving at anything less than +10 over the "speed limit" and I am
    in a hurry I have every right to drive right up behind you and harass you.
    GET OUT MY WAY! or SPEED UP!

And if you tailgate me BACK OFF. I'm going fast enough.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 05:42
    @wolfgang59
    Two haters don't like satire!
    More to come I guess ...
  9. RSA
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 07:54
    @astalliana said
    If you drive slowly in the fast lane, I will drive close to indicate that you must move over.
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 10:04
    @astalliana said
    You need to get even girl! Just give an impression of complete oblivion and rearrange your hair in your rear view mirror. It will increase their stress level a treat. 😉
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 12:11
    @wolfgang59 said
    @wolfgang59
    Two haters don't like satire!
    More to come I guess ...
    Thumbs up from me old chap.
  12. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 12:20
    @drewnogal said
    You need to get even girl! Just give an impression of complete oblivion and rearrange your hair in your rear view mirror. It will increase their stress level a treat. 😉
    Don't forget to feign interest in your cell phone: That really pisses 'em off. 🙂
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 12:21
    @wolfgang59 said
    If you are driving at anything less than +10 over the "speed limit" and I am
    in a hurry I have every right to drive right up behind you and harass you.
    GET OUT MY WAY! or SPEED UP!

And if you tailgate me BACK OFF. I'm going fast enough.
    Not quite Jonathan Swift, but another Wolfman gem. 🙂
  14. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 13:45
    @astalliana said
    i would like to take this opportunity to advise all of you of a wonderful new invention that is guaranteed to make yer life so much sweeter...
    it's the fabulous new rookiedriver backoff machine, and it is going to change yer life...
    how does it work you ask???
    allow me to demonstrate the easy use of this device,
    first, install underneath yer rear bumper,
    hook up the revolutionary 'pulsepump' motor,
    fill the reservoir with any used oil you may have,
    (this is the beauty of this device, motor oil, vegetable oil, cat piss, any ole liquid you no longer need ((the nastier the better)) will be able to be sprayed)
    then you just start driving and wait patiently (and slowly) for yer next victim of idiocy...
    when the fooldriver appears closely in yer rearviewmirror, simply press the dashboard mounted button and the pulsepump goes into action, spraying a fine mist of noxious goop onto to perp's windscreen (windshield in the states) obliterating his/her ability to see, causing them to slow down, swerve, or (my favorite) crash into the nearest police vehicle...
    now,
    you may be asking, just how can i obtain this marvelous device???

email me, we can deal...
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 15:45
    Idiot: anyone slower than you.
    Maniac: anyone faster.
    — George Carlin

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree