1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '13 21:291 edit
    How is it possible to make a profit on 4 cans of beer for £1. I've never tasted it so presume it's crap but still. I did just buy a bag of midget gems for 27p to see what they were like, pretty decent actually.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '13 21:46
    Originally posted by Trev33
    How is it possible to make a profit on 4 cans of beer for £1. I've never tasted it so presume it's crap but still. I did just buy a bag of midget gems for 27p to see what they were like, pretty decent actually.
    Do you believe you are supporting the third world by shopping in TESCO?

Their sales are down which is pleasing.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '13 22:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Do you believe you are supporting the third world by shopping in TESCO?

Their sales are down which is pleasing.
    No, i believe i'm helping the pockets of the owners by shopping in Tesco, just like any other supermarket in the uk.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 01:36
    Patricia Bright "vlogs" her life with a camera. In one of the many vlogs she takes said camera to a Tesco. Are there many of them?

YouTube

^--This is not the one, but if you watch enough of her videos at YouTube you will eventually come across the Tesco one. 🙂
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 02:30
    Now some dwarfs are eunuchs thanks to you. 🙁
  6. Santiago
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 05:34
    Because it is a loss leader. Tesco hope you will not only buy the beer, but something else. In your case, a bag of midget gems.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 07:32
    No, i believe i'm helping the pockets of the owners by shopping in Tesco, just like any other supermarket in the uk.
    I think you may have missed my point, TESCO have a pretty poor rep for their buying strategies in third and second world countries. I know you are a keen visitor to these places (the countries) so am I little surprised to see you shopping there in wonderment at their ability to make a corporate profit from an unfeasibly small retail price.

TESCO are bullies in the local community, dominating the marketplace and using their fiscal muscle and political influence to drive through site acquisitions and press long standing smaller businesses out.

TESCO suck IMO.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 20:20
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think you may have missed my point, TESCO have a pretty poor rep for their buying strategies in third and second world countries. I know you are a keen visitor to these places (the countries) so am I little surprised to see you shopping there in wonderment at their ability to make a corporate profit from an unfeasibly small retail price.

TESCO are ...[text shortened]... ve through site acquisitions and press long standing smaller businesses out.

TESCO suck IMO.
    They have a poor reputation for their buying strategies everywhere... as do most supermarkets. How do you think it's possible to buy 2 liters of milk for £1? Farmers are getting screwed by more than just tesco.

Everyone will look at the people at the top and try to find faults, you know how the world works they end up copying rather than changing.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 13:061 edit
    They have a poor reputation for their buying strategies everywhere... as do most supermarkets. How do you think it's possible to buy 2 liters of milk for £1? Farmers are getting screwed by more than just tesco.

Everyone will look at the people at the top and try to find faults, you know how the world works they end up copying rather than changing.
    I buy my petrol on TESCO because it's the nearest station, but we (that's the royal we) don't do our grocery shopping at TESCO. They have way to much power; did you know that £1 in every £8 spent I the UK is spent in a TESCO store? But you are correct about all the supermarkets, to some extent at least. "We" shop in Waitrose because they seem to adopt a better approach to food marketing, but then I probably sucked in by the marketing and good service. We also support local businesses as much as possible. TESCO are the worst in the UK but no, they are not alone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree