Thank you

SubscriberSahuaro
General 30 Mar '14 18:09
  1. old pueblo
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 18:09
    I live in a large apartment complex. This morning as I was getting my laundry out of the dryer, there was one man there. After I got the laundry out, I cleaned out the lint screen into the trash, as usual. The man looked at me and said "thank you." I usually have to clean the lint screen before I dry my clothes (dryer lint is extremely flammable), and apparently so does he. Still, it was surprising to have someone thank me for doing such an ordinary thing.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 18:12
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    I live in a large apartment complex. This morning as I was getting my laundry out of the dryer, there was one man there. After I got the laundry out, I cleaned out the lint screen into the trash, as usual. The man looked at me and said "thank you." I usually have to clean the lint screen before I dry my clothes (dryer lint is extremely flammable), and ap ...[text shortened]... so does he. Still, it was surprising to have someone thank me for doing such an ordinary thing.
    Used to be common practice...thank youing I mean.
  3. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 18:16
    I live in a large apartment complex. This morning as I was getting my laundry out of the dryer, there was one man there. After I got the laundry out, I cleaned out the lint screen into the trash, as usual. The man looked at me and said "thank you." I usually have to clean the lint screen before I dry my clothes (dryer lint is extremely flammable), and ap ...[text shortened]... so does he. Still, it was surprising to have someone thank me for doing such an ordinary thing.
    Just two words - they make such a difference.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 19:13
    Unfortunately, in this generation common courtesies aren't always taught to young children at home. This event speaks volumes about the "one man there" in the laundry, your parents and you. Civility matters; nice thread. Thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree