1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    04 Jan '16 21:19
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    We got no one to blame but ourselves and we all know who we are!
    And that's the truth!
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '16 21:41
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    He's an emotionally driven know-it-all.
    “The unhappy person resents it when you try to cheer him up, because that means he has to stop dwelling on himself and start paying attention to the universe. Unhappiness is the ultimate form of self-indulgence. When you're unhappy, you get to pay a lot of attention to yourself. You get to take yourself oh so very seriously.” ―Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Jan '16 21:48
    I seriously thought that after a few years of not subscribing that when I did resubscribe that Russ would reinstate that forum. I went as far as actually joining a clan in anticipation of it's return, but...😳
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '16 21:51
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I seriously thought that after a few years of not subscribing that when I did resubscribe that Russ would reinstate that forum. I went as far as actually joining a clan in anticipation of it's return, but...😳
    Stees, as a non-subscriber are the advertisements a tad distracting?
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Jan '16 21:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Stees, as a non-subscriber are the advertisements a tad distracting?
    Nope. I never actually noticed them till just before I resubscribed and then I noticed they were quite specific, like getting a bunch of adverts for trips to Cuba. I booked, for the first time on line for a trip to Cuba (our 3rd). 1984 is upon us.πŸ™„πŸ˜²πŸ˜›
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '16 22:06
    Nope. I never actually noticed them till just before I resubscribed and then I noticed they were quite specific, like getting a bunch of adverts for trips to Cuba. I booked, for the first time on line for a trip to Cuba (our 3rd). 1984 is upon us.πŸ™„πŸ˜²πŸ˜›
    Have you considered using and avatar pic?
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    04 Jan '16 22:41
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Personally I think the right thing was done at the time. What was going on had far surpassed goading. There is goading, then there is personal attack, lies, misleading information about others.

We got no one to blame but ourselves and we all know who we are!

-VR
    Agreed that it did get out of hand.
    And we can blame a few individuals.

But a lot of member used the forum to recruit clan members.

That got lost in the drivel.

That being said, this general forum is full
    of some pretty useless threads.
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    04 Jan '16 23:03
    of it's return
    You anglophones have Shakespeare, right? Well, she must be rolling in her
    grave right now, that Shakespeare lassie, aye.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    05 Jan '16 02:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    “The unhappy person resents it when you try to cheer him up, because that means he has to stop dwelling on himself and start paying attention to the universe. Unhappiness is the ultimate form of self-indulgence. When you're unhappy, you get to pay a lot of attention to yourself. You get to take yourself oh so very seriously.” ―Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume
    Have you read the book, Bobby? It's a gem!

I wasn't trying to cheer you up, but Jitterbug Perfume will definitely raise your spirits.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jan '16 05:041 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Have you read the book, Bobby? It's a gem!

I wasn't trying to cheer you up, but Jitterbug Perfume will definitely raise your spirits.
    "Jitterbug Perfume is Tom Robbins' fourth novel, published in 1984. The major themes of the book include the striving for immortality, the meaning behind the sense of smell, individual expression, self-reliance, sex, love, and religion. Wikipedia"

First I've heard of this author or his works but do admire his insightfulness and wit. Here are three quotable quotes from his pen:

“Breathe properly. Stay curious. And eat your beets.” ―Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume

“Philosophers have argued for centuries about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but materialists have known all along that it depends on whether they are jitterbugging or dancing cheek to cheek.” ―Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume

“Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide.” ―Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume / Thanks for the suggestion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree