1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '24 09:251 edit
    Someone had mentioned to another person about the impact of the company they keep.

Does the choice of “the company you keep” impact your popularity with those of a group whose company you do not keep, and does it matter to you?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '24 10:16
    @divegeester said
    Someone had mentioned to another person about the impact of the company they keep.

Does the choice of “the company you keep” impact your popularity with those of a group whose company you do not keep, and does it matter to you?
    Popularity among people I associate with but do not respect is not important to me. The company I keep has nothing to do with popularity: it's about connections, commonality, and overlaps. I see popularity as being an effect that might or might not exist among strangers or people that don't matter. It serves no meaningful purpose. If I were a celebrity or a performer, and popularity was an economic factor, I'd see it differently, no doubt.
  3. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    07 Feb '24 10:19
    @divegeester said

Q: Does the choice of “the company you keep” impact your popularity with those of a group whose company you do not keep.
    A: It's possible, but it would depend on the circumstances and people involved.

Q: Does it matter to you?
    A: No. The people I associate with (a few close friends and relatives) don't care what the company I do not keep (mostly former classmates) think.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Feb '24 12:55
    the older I get the less I care whether I am Liked or not,I am marmite,some love others despise but marmite is still marmite.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Feb '24 13:18
    @mchill said
    Q: Does the choice of “the company you keep” impact your popularity with those of a group whose company you do not keep.
    A: It's possible, but it would depend on the circumstances and people involved.
    I concur, wise words as usual!

-VR
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '24 14:03
    @david-burton said
    the older I get the less I care whether I am Liked or not,I am marmite,some love others despise but marmite is still marmite.
    I share this perspective.
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    07 Feb '24 14:06
    @divegeester said

popularity, does it matter to you?
    i imagine the number of moms in this world that use me as an example when screaming at their kids

and i laugh and laugh and laugh
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Feb '24 14:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Feb '24 18:56
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I keep asking him if he brought enough for the whole class, but

he just laughs and laughs and laughs.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Feb '24 19:43
    @suzianne said
    I keep asking him if he brought enough for the whole class, but

he just laughs and laughs and laughs.
    LOL....

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree