1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '16 01:531 edit
    Let's write a screenplay together.

Let's stick mostly to the conventions laid out here: http://tinyurl.com/gvftwyh

Don't write too much in one go.

If poster's segments overlap and diverge, so be it; if it creates disjointed oddness, let that be part of the film's production values.

If it turns out to be a 12 hour experimental film that only gets screened at the Istanbul Arts Festival or on Scandinavian university campuses, so be it.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '16 01:531 edit
    "REPLY & QUOTE"

Written by
    The Debates Forum

FADE IN:

EXT. WILD ROCKY COAST - DAY
    A car speeds along a deserted road along the cliff tops.

INT. CAR - DAY
    GREAT BIG STEES, an elegantly dishevelled Canadian, wearing an "I Love Cuba" baseball cap, brings the car to a halt and looks at the road sign. He consults a map before turning down the side road. He picks up his mobile phone.

INT. COMPUTER ROOM - DAY
    A large room with many cubicles in which numerous people are working at computers, no faces yet visible.

Nobody is talking. Just gentle MUSAK and the CLACKETY CLACK of industrious typing.

PONDERABLE, immaculately dressed in a waistcoat, pressed shirt, tie, and drainpipe trousers, enters from the Control Room, his mobile phone pressed to his ear.

PONDERABLE
    (into phone)
    OK.
    (to people at computers)
    He's almost here.

TITLE MUSIC.

CREDITS ROLL OVER:

The car speeds along and eventually arrives at a large mansion perched on the end of the headland.

CUT TO:
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '16 15:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    "REPLY & QUOTE"

Written by
    The Debates Forum

FADE IN:

A car speeds along a deserted road along the cliff tops.

INT. CAR - DAY
    GREAT BIG STEES, an elegantly dishevelled Canadian, wearing an "I Love Cuba" baseball cap, brings the car to a halt and looks at the road sign. He consults a map before turning d ...[text shortened]... s along and eventually arrives at a large mansion perched on the end of the headland.

CUT TO:
    CUT TO:
    The inside of the mansion.
    The butler is informing the owner that a certain Great Big Stees is at the gate.
    The owner Very Rusty tell Chauncy, the butler, to go ahead and open the gates. He then tells him to have GBS come to the study.

Back in the Computer room:
    Ponerable is on the phone to VR inquiring if GBS has arrived.
    Just then FMF breaks into the computer room, having gotten the code from an insider whom he had paid handsomely then shot him recovering the bribe. He yelled at Ponderable that the person they thought was GBS was actually Divegeester. GBS had been "taken care of.

Fade to the mansion as GBS/Divegeester approaches the mansions portico:
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 20:05
    Originally posted by FMF

Let's stick mostly to the conventions laid out here: [b]http://tinyurl.com/gvftwyh

If poster's segments overlap and diverge, so be it; if it creates disjointed oddness, let that be part of the film's production values.

If it turns out to be a 12 hour experimental film that only gets screened at the Istanbul Arts Festival or on Scandinavian university campuses, so be it.[/b]
    I don't suppose that it ever entered your mind that this is the General Forum. Yeah, no, I get it. You like to take swipes at people who don't agree with you and so they kicked you out of their forum. They seem smarter than us.

Or is this just another "thread rehash" of something you posted or saw in their forum?

Oh, was that "too much in one go"?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 21:03
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I don't suppose that it ever entered your mind that this is the [b]General Forum. Yeah, no, I get it. You like to take swipes at people who don't agree with you and so they kicked you out of their forum. They seem smarter than us.

Or is this just another "thread rehash" of something you posted or saw in their forum?

Oh, was that "too much in one go"?[/b]
    !
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 22:42
    I don't suppose that it ever entered your mind that this is the [b]General Forum. Yeah, no, I get it. You like to take swipes at people who don't agree with you and so they kicked you out of their forum. They seem smarter than us.

What on earth are you on about? This is exactly the type of thread we want in the General Forum. Something that we can all participate in and take in whatever direction we like. OK, I admit it's a bit clunky to start off with, but if you're halfway creative it should be a real blast to take part in. Don't drag your forum disputes into every single thread - relax and have a bit of fun!
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 22:561 edit

Should we take this as

Suddenly, Suzianne and FMF entered. Suzianne, peeved: "I don't suppose that it ever entered..."
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 23:56
    I don't suppose that it ever entered your mind that this is the [b]General Forum.[/b]
    Yes. It was a typo. I meant "General Forum". Sorry about that.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '16 00:16
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Fade to the mansion as GBS/Divegeester approaches the mansions portico:
    FADE TO:

EXT. RHP MANSION PORTICO - DAY
    GREAT BIG STEES looks up at the ivy covered walls. He takes out a cigar. A match FIZZES as he lights it.

He puffs on it thoughtfully before going through the portico and into the RHP Mansion courtyard.

INT. COMPUTER ROOM - DAY
    Many people at many cubicles. There is the MUSAK and the CLACKETY CLACK of people posting forum messages.

CLOSE UP - COMPUTER SCREEN
    A cursor clicks on NEW THREAD. And then in the THREAD TITLE box.

Unseen hands type: "Your Ten Favourite TV Reality Shows?".

PONDERABLE (O.S.)
    (over intercom)
    Nobody is to tell him what happened to the forum stats while he was away.
    Nobody. Understood?

INT. COMPUTER ROOM - DAY
    JS357, looking dapper in a 70s 'Safari' style jacket with wide lapels and shirt collar on the outside, is standing at the window.

JS357
    Is that GBS or divegeester?

CUT TO:
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Mar '16 02:36
    Originally posted by FMF

Let's stick mostly to the conventions laid out here: [b]http://tinyurl.com/gvftwyh

If it turns out to be a 12 hour experimental film that only gets screened at the Istanbul Arts Festival or on Scandinavian university campuses, so be it.[/b]
    Let's not.
  11. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    25 Mar '16 15:19

Is it that time of the month again already?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree