1. Devonshire
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86848
    17 Dec '17 11:44
    Originally posted by @biffo-konker
    What a plonker.
    Still smarting I see 😉
  2. Devonshire
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86848
    17 Dec '17 11:46
    Originally posted by @coquette
    Too soon
    Sorry....this has never happened to me before...
  3. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8840
    17 Dec '17 12:26
    Originally posted by @the-gravedigger
    Ground is hard as the knob of hell.
    But we can't leave the dead to rot above ground.
    I see you are full of Christmas cheer digger.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    416032
    17 Dec '17 16:572 edits
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Barbecue, cold beers and pina colada.
    Really? BBQ on Christmas?....I can't say I've ever heard of that one before.


    -VR
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6903
    18 Dec '17 08:22
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Really? BBQ on Christmas?....I can't say I've ever heard of that one before.


    -VR
    Common in Oz, I gather.

    And why wouldn't you? They hsve the climate for it, and their seasons are the wrong way 'round so for them it's mid-summer.
  6. Devonshire
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86848
    18 Dec '17 10:42
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Common in Oz, I gather.

    And why wouldn't you? They hsve the climate for it, and their seasons are the wrong way 'round so for them it's mid-summer.
    Santa arrives by sea onto the beach in some places in Auz I believe.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    416032
    18 Dec '17 13:19
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Common in Oz, I gather.

    And why wouldn't you? They hsve the climate for it, and their seasons are the wrong way 'round so for them it's mid-summer.
    Good Point! I just can't see BBQ for Christmas here in Canada. Although now that I've said that I am sure some Canadian will say they BBQ every Christmas. 😉

    -VR
  8. SubscriberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Joined
    04 Nov '09
    Moves
    168733
    18 Dec '17 14:39
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Good Point! I just can't see BBQ for Christmas here in Canada. Although now that I've said that I am sure some Canadian will say they BBQ every Christmas. 😉

    -VR
    Deep fried turkey with peanut oil is a favorite here in Texas but is a real pain for the designated chef.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    416032
    18 Dec '17 17:342 edits
    Originally posted by @leur
    Deep fried turkey with peanut oil is a favorite here in Texas but is a real pain for the designated chef.
    I enjoy the traditional Turkey Dinner with all the fixings. 🙂

    EDIT: I don't believe I have ever eaten deep fried turkey with peanut oil, bet that is very good.

    EDIT2: I was told they have deep friend Turkey over in Newfoundland on New Years Eve...not sure if it is done in peanut oil.

    -VR
  10. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8840
    18 Dec '17 18:45
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Good Point! I just can't see BBQ for Christmas here in Canada. Although now that I've said that I am sure some Canadian will say they BBQ every Christmas. 😉

    -VR
    I spent 12 winters in Canada.
    BBQ is not the first thing to come to mind.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    416032
    18 Dec '17 20:18
    Originally posted by @captain-strange
    I spent 12 winters in Canada.
    BBQ is not the first thing to come to mind.
    I've spent all my life here and have to agree with you on that one!!! 😉

    -VR
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10271
    18 Dec '17 23:43
    I ate too much sugar.
  13. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    8549
    19 Dec '17 13:361 edit
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Bonfire and hot cocoa, friends and family. Much better than this weird consumeristic frenzy.
    It's the middle of stinking hot summer in the southern hemisphere. Hot cocoa and bonfire, no thanks.
  14. Green Boots Cave
    Joined
    02 Dec '08
    Moves
    16599
    19 Dec '17 14:04
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    It's the middle of stinking hot summer in the southern hemisphere. Hot cocoa and bonfire, no thanks.
    Oh no.Not another plonker.
  15. Cosmos
    Joined
    20 May '17
    Moves
    2128
    20 Dec '17 04:06
    whoever spends the most money on presents, is the winner!
Back to Top