I heard that he has had, with Hans.
    So he is best Hans down!
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 14:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So he is best Hans down!
    Han's position is of no consequence to him I'm sure.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 15:15
    I can tell you from personal experience metric is a LOT better when used to build things.

You go 123.4 mm plus 567.8 mm=691.2 mm. In inches, 4.858267717 plus 22.35433071 =27.21259843 inches. So which would you rather build something with? Or you have something 4 33/64 inch plus 3 25/64 inch= 8 3/32 inch. What a stupid way to make stuff.

Or if I meas ...[text shortened]... which is going to be exactly half which comes out to exactly 500 mm.

Try all that in inches.
    yes I agree, but not for time.
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 15:18
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Wrong thread.
    If you would be comfortable with yourself you'd not be ashamed of being
    a true woman. Others' happiness doesn't have to make you unhappy, even
    if your best years are behind you.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 16:22
    Originally posted by Trev33
    When will the rest of the world learn and embrace it?
    I'd like a royal with cheese.
  6. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 17:10
    Originally posted by Trev33
    When will the rest of the world learn and embrace it?
    retired industrial maintenance mechanic here...
    i have had in my toolbox for thirty five years a complete set of sae and metric tools...
    and they all got used all the time...
    i traveled from north to south and from east to west with the company as they used my skills to repair, modify, and construct new machinery...
    one of my vehicles is an audi a6 quattro, it's lovely, in a beastly sort of way...
    and all metric...
    my sailboat is neither sae or metric...

you were saying something quite silly tho, pardon my interruption...
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 17:45
    Originally posted by rookie54
    an audi a6 quattro, it's lovely, in a beastly sort of way...
    B-but... but that's a girly car 🙁
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 18:291 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    If you would be comfortable with yourself you'd not be ashamed of being
    a true woman. Others' happiness doesn't have to make you unhappy, even
    if your best years are behind you.
    And here you are ... attacking a woman by digging at her age, and for what, for calling you on your limited mentality. Come on, where is this edgy hurmour you used to be so fond of bragging about? Where is the stand-up comic wit you boast about? Doesn't exist does it. Reality is you are bereft of any real humour and are desperately trying to create controversy on a chess website in order to draw attention to yourself.
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 18:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    And here you are ... attacking a woman by digging at her age, and for what, for calling you on your limited mentality. Come on, where is this edgy hurmour you used to be so fond of bragging about? Where is the stand-up comic wit you boast about? Doesn't exist does it. Reality is you are bereft of any real humour and are desperately trying to create controversy on a chess website in order to draw attention to yourself.
    You seem upset. What's wrong? Dissatisfied with life? FMF doesn't talk to you anymore?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 20:452 edits
    I can tell you from personal experience metric is a LOT better when used to build things.

You go 123.4 mm plus 567.8 mm=691.2 mm. In inches, 4.858267717 plus 22.35433071 =27.21259843 inches. So which would you rather build something with? Or you have something 4 33/64 inch plus 3 25/64 inch= 8 3/32 inch. What a stupid way to make stuff.

Or if I meas ...[text shortened]... which is going to be exactly half which comes out to exactly 500 mm.

Try all that in inches.
    I have a serious question for you.

Isn't the position of the next fret based on the distance of the current fret from the end, and not the total length?

Isn't this why the frets get closer together near the end? Because the next half step is a ratio of the last half step?

I'm not sure, because out of all the instruments I play, I don't do stringed instruments. But I am big on music theory. It just makes more sense to me if it was as I just said.

(BTW, I'm not refuting what your point was. Smaller units are better for small measurements than bigger units. I mean we could use miles, but that would just be wildly inaccurate. You'd have to go pretty far down the rabbit hole of significant digits in the fraction. 🙂 )
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 21:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    out of all the instruments I play
    What's your main one?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '16 04:071 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    You seem upset. What's wrong? Dissatisfied with life? FMF doesn't talk to you anymore?
    It disappoints me when I see meatheads like you picking on older women in order to impress thier gang of lowbrow followers on the Internet 🙂
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '16 09:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It disappoints me when I see meatheads like you picking on older women in order to impress thier gang of lowbrow followers on the Internet 🙂
    I think you need a friend. Maybe if you dropped that T from your self proclaimed title it might help?
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    23 Sep '16 09:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I think you need a friend. Maybe if you dropped that T from your self proclaimed title it might help?
    Yeah, I agree. It's hard not to feel sorry for dive's internet bravado. I guess
    he could not be a white knight in real life and, henceforth, he behaves anal in
    here.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '16 09:45
    Originally posted by rookie54
    retired industrial maintenance mechanic here...
    i have had in my toolbox for thirty five years a complete set of sae and metric tools...
    and they all got used all the time...
    i traveled from north to south and from east to west with the company as they used my skills to repair, modify, and construct new machinery...
    one of my vehicles is an audi a6 quat ...[text shortened]... neither sae or metric...

you were saying something quite silly tho, pardon my interruption...
    I can vouch for your workmanship.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree