1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 14:23
    Yes, my friends, this may be more important than The Hanging Gardens of Beer-a-lonia of Beervaria in October!
    -----------------------------------

Egypt: Archaeologists unearth ancient beer factory in Abydos

CAIRO (AP) — American and Egyptian archaeologists have unearthed what could be the oldest known beer factory at one of the most prominent archaeological sites of ancient Egypt, a top antiquities official said Saturday.

Mostafa Waziri, secretary general of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, said the factory was found in Abydos, an ancient burial ground located in the desert west of the Nile River, over 450 kilometers (280 miles) south of Cairo.

He said the factory apparently dates back to the region of King Narmer, who is widely known for his unification of ancient Egypt at the beginning of the First Dynastic Period (3150 B.C.- 2613 B.C.).

https://apnews.com/article/egypt-nile-river-cairo-92e3692d44ad452046163291abb03e9f
    --------------------------------------------------

Awesome! Maybe we can move the RHP Tavern over to there.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 14:43
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Yes, my friends, this may be more important than The Hanging Gardens of Beer-a-lonia of Beervaria in October!

[i]CAIRO (AP) — American and Egyptian archaeologists have unearthed what could be the oldest known beer factory at one of the most prominent archaeolo ...[text shortened]... ----------------------------------------

Do you happen to have Mostafa Waziri's email address or phone number? I'll get in touch with him and see if we can't come to some sort of "arrangement".
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 15:57
    @Great-Big-Stees

There ya be - www.facebook.com/drmostafawaziry
  4. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 16:55
    @earl-of-trumps said

[i]CAIRO (AP) — American and Egyptian archaeologists have unearthed what could be the oldest known beer factory at one of the most prominent archaeolo ...[text shortened]... ----------------------------------------

is there a decent Egyptian beer on the market today?
    you'd think they'd be a master brewer by now
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 16:441 edit
    @Earl-of-Trumps

Whoever conceived that brewery deserves a posthumous Nobel prize for chemistry.

I would gladly volunteer to accept the prize money and invite all my RHP buddies out for some pints. Hail, King Narmer !

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree