1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 22:06
    I need to eat more mackerel, just to at it all the time when I was younger... Saturday morning market. It has to be fresh, even after a couple of days it's no where near as good as it should be... went out fishing for the things once and caught more than was possible to eat, good times.

Pity the crap you get in supermarkets that is 'fresh' has already been frozen and is probably about a week from being caught already. For a country surrounded by water you'd be amazed at how hard it is to get quality fresh fish.
  2. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 01:33
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Especially after the holidays we all have to watch the ole waistline, I suppose ! ? !
    Being both a vegetarian and diabetic, I avoid carbohydrates . Fish is good !
  3. Joined
    17 Dec '14
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 22:42
    3 eggs over easy, 4 strips of crispy bacon, heap of home fries, 2 wheat toast, a dollup of strawberry jam a glass of orange juice, (fresh) 1 humongous cup of coffee. Oh and a dash of wooster on the eggs. Now that is breakfast.
  4. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 00:494 edits
    Every day at 6:31 AM, after calculating to eighteen decimal places the number of milliseconds I and the 95th ranking percentile of site members of Vanuatan ancestry have been members of Red Hot Pawn (hear that name and fall to the feet of the Almighty Russ), I breakfast on fresh Maine lobster with French onion gravy and softly-murdered asparagus End of sentence full stop: .

Polite Note: In a spirit of respectful politeness and goodwill to the Rhp members from USA and Canada, I hereby include a viable substitution for my earlier bold heading: End of sentence period: . Please add your welcome comments below about the usefulness of the above headings and substitions, which I intend to force you all to use in future anyway, one way or another.

Now let us pray:

Thanks, O Great Russ, First Archangel of the Information Age, holder of Jesus' favourite sandals, Keeper of the Gourd, Layer of the Corner-Stone of the World and Thane of the Potomac River, for giving us poor, confused ingrates the tools to create totally redundant emphasis on our puny, unworthy words (which we pray only serve to line the kitty-litter box of your least-favored Siamese cat (if you deign to allow that (if you don't, O Great Site Owner and Worker of 168-Hour Weeks since Time Immemorial, consider our words stuffed back into our gaping, shameful mouths))).

Amen.
  5. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 01:04
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Every day at 6:31 AM, after calculating to eighteen decimal places the number of milliseconds I and the 95th ranking percentile of site members of Vanuatan ancestry have been members of Red Hot Pawn (hear that name and fall to the feet of the Almighty Russ), I breakfast on fresh Maine lobster with French onion gravy and softly-murdered asparagus [b]E ...[text shortened]... hat (if you don't, consider our words stuffed back into our gaping, shameful mouths))).

Amen.
    you seem to have borrowed a few brackets () in those last two lines, my friend. Be sure to return them to their original owner.

Hasn't someone else used that hilarious 'punctuation mark related' cheap shot before? Can you think who that might be?
  6. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 01:08
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    you seem to have borrowed a few brackets () in those last two lines, my friend. Be sure to return them to their original owner.

Hasn't someone else used that hilarious 'punctuation mark related' cheap shot before? Can you think who that might be?
    There's no need to satirise you, 'sneak': you do a better job yourself than the nation's finest comedians could hope to.
  7. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 01:12
    There's no need to satirise you, 'sneak': you do a better job yourself than the nation's finest comedians could hope to.
    for such a 'punctuation czar', should that comma be between 'you' and 'sneak' ? If it should, I struggle with the meaning of what you are saying.

You flatter me. Better than you, though. The problem is, someone must have told you the 'punctuation theme' was funny. Or a way to score points.

Wrong on both counts.
  8. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 01:15
    I struggle with the meaning of what you are saying.
    Don't feel bad. You're not the only human being posting here who would fail the Turing test.
  9. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 01:19
    [b]There's no need to satirise you, 'sneak':
    Not a test. Just explain this gobbledygook. And an extra colon for good measure.

We have been busy at the 'punctuation shop' today
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 01:25
    Not a test. Just explain this gobbledygook. And an extra colon for good measure.

What I wrote in my reply to you is perfectly grammatical and properly punctuated. I really don't understand what you want explained. Why don't we leave it a while until you can fully comprehend it? It's always prudent to understand something before you criticise it.
  11. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 01:29
    I bow to the wit and wisdom of the World's leading punctuation expert. For now..
  12. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 01:33
    whoops ...an extra few full stops there. And more.....

Must be careful ~ TILDE alert
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 02:05

Having an extra colon could be a lifesaver.
  14. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 23:45
    Originally posted by JS357
    Having an extra colon could be a lifesaver.
    or it COULD involve an unhealthily stuffed lower abdomen.

have to ask the guy collecting them!
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    14 Jan '15 04:26
    What I wrote in my reply to you is perfectly grammatical and properly punctuated. I really don't understand what you want explained. Why don't we leave it a while until you can fully comprehend it? It's always prudent to understand something before you criticise it.
    Why don't we leave it awhile...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree