The Problem

The Problem

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 Feb 18

Education (or lack of)

this man has "spent 5 months researching" if the world is flat.
http://www.bbc.com/news/av/technology-43064922/mad-mike-s-rocket-mission-to-check-if-earth-is-flat

Because of ... what?

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Education (or lack of)

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/technology-43064922/mad-mike-s-rocket-mission-to-check-if-earth-is-flat

Because of ... what?
Evolution in action.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Evolution in action.
Devolution!

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Feb 18

A different problem (sorry to digress) but why can't I just order a coffee any more, without all this flat white, Americano nonsense.

Put caffeine in a mug. Add hot water, and hand it over.

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
A different problem (sorry to digress) but why can't I just order a coffee any more, without all this flat white, Americano nonsense.

Put caffeine in a mug. Add hot water, and hand it over.
Or perhaps a medical implant which punctually delivers a precise amount of daily caffeine. No halitosis, peptic ulcer or... ruined neckties. πŸ˜€

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @wolfe63
Or perhaps a medical implant which punctually delivers a precise amount of daily caffeine. No halitosis, peptic ulcer or... ruined neckties. πŸ˜€
Yes, I have one of those already, but a man about town requires the occasional top up.

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 Feb 18

Education (or lack of)

Because of ... what?
Evolution doesn't apply to everyone at the same rate. Some people still haven't arrived in the 16th c.

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @moonbus
Evolution doesn't apply to everyone at the same rate. Some people still haven't arrived in the 16th c.
This 6000 year old earth is the center of the universe! The same universe that took just 7 days to construct.
"Breathless inanity" this is not! πŸ˜€

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @wolfe63
This 6000 year old earth is the center of the universe! The same universe that took just 7 days to construct.
"Breathless inanity" this is not! πŸ˜€
Let them have their flat, 6,000-year-old Earth mythology. It's no skin off my nose. Just so long as they don't try to teach it as science in the public schools.

Did anyone watch the supplementary video of the woman who said she believes the Earth is flat because she took a ruler to the beach and 'measured' the horizon with it? Hilarious !

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Feb 18

Education (or lack of)

Because of ... what?
Apparently, my niece's new boyfriend is a flat Earther. (Not met him yet).

That's a conversation I'm looking forward to.

😞

Read a book!

Moves
22 Feb 18

😞
Just remember, it's turtles all the way down.

Über-Nerd

Moves
23 Feb 18

😞
Hey, the lad just needs to sail a boat. Doesn't he know that there are different stars in the southern hemisphere? That can't be explained on a flat Earth; on a flat Earth, all the same stars would be visible from every point on Earth.

w

Moves
23 Feb 18

Education (or lack of)

Because of ... what?
Wait.....wut?

So the guy researching the flat earth issue is the one who hates education vs. those that just blindly accept it?

Moves
23 Feb 18

Originally posted by @whodey
Wait.....wut?

So the guy researching the flat earth issue is the one who hates education vs. those that just blindly accept it?
It's called "evidence" produced by research.

Using the objective "Scientific Method":
- Make an observation.
- Conduct research.
- Form hypothesis.
- Test hypothesis.
- Record data.
- Draw conclusion.
- Replicate.
- Explore Independent Variables.

This is the miraculous method that Dr. Salk used to cure Polio.

Moves
23 Feb 18

Originally posted by @moonbus
Hey, the lad just needs to sail a boat. Doesn't he know that there are different stars in the southern hemisphere? That can't be explained on a flat Earth; on a flat Earth, all the same stars would be visible from every point on Earth.
What, don't you know that the Central Pole exerts a great magnetic field? And Einstein says that magnetic fields bend light, evergbody knows that.