The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRB

Moves
17 Feb 21

@great-big-stees said
OK. Now who wants what?
Pint of lager and a round for everybody here!

Gothenburg

Moves
17 Feb 21

@relentless-red said
Pint of lager and a round for everybody here!
I will attend to your order as soon as I have finished my pizza slice. It may all be gone if I don't take my share now.

Moves
17 Feb 21

@torunn said
I will attend to your order as soon as I have finished my pizza slice. It may all be gone if I don't take my share now.
While you're doing that I'll have "chef" prepare some raw oysters, for your first foray into the wonders of the wee beasties.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Feb 21
2 edits

@great-big-stees said
While you're doing that I'll have "chef" prepare some raw oysters, for your first foray into the wonders of the wee beasties.
Not much to do to prepare if you're eating them raw just have to shuck them is all! 😉 Unless of course you are going all out with the sauces on the side in little bowls you can put on them. and fancying up the plate.

-VR

Moves
17 Feb 21

@very-rusty said
Not much to do to prepare if you're eating them raw just have to shuck them is all! 😉

-VR
Ah shucks...I forgot. 😲 😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Feb 21

@great-big-stees said
Ah shucks...I forgot. 😲 😉
See my edit: You answered too soon! 🙂

-VR

SRB

Moves
17 Feb 21

@great-big-stees said
I'll have some oysters myself please.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Feb 21
1 edit

@relentless-red said
I'll have some oysters myself please.
With or without the sauce in the bowls that go with them?

You've got to make your order clear! 😉

-VR

SRB

Moves
17 Feb 21

@very-rusty said
With or without the sauce in the bowls that go with them?

You've got to make your order clear! 😉

-VR
Last time I had them you just squeezed a lemon over them and drank them out the shell.

We get tins of smoked oysters which aren't bad when I'm in the mood for can opener cuisine. Mixed into boiled rice with homemade yoghurt coleslaw works well for me as a quick lunch.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Feb 21
2 edits

@relentless-red said
Last time I had them you just squeezed a lemon over them and drank them out the shell.

We get tins of smoked oysters which aren't bad when I'm in the mood for can opener cuisine. Mixed into boiled rice with homemade yoghurt coleslaw works well for me as a quick lunch.
Smoked oysters are ok if you can't get fresh ones, but can't beat the fresh ones right out of the water and shucked right away, I never tried them raw with lemon on them. Do you like them like that?

YOU SAID: We get tins of smoked oysters which aren't bad when I'm in the mood for can opener cuisine. Mixed into boiled rice with homemade yoghurt coleslaw works well for me as a quick lunch. (Something I might try sometime)!!!

-VR

SRB

Moves
17 Feb 21

@very-rusty said
Smoked oysters are ok if you can't get fresh ones, but can't beat the fresh ones right out of the water and shucked right away, I never tried them raw with lemon on them. Do you like them like that?

YOU SAID: We get tins of smoked oysters which aren't bad when I'm in the mood for can opener cuisine. Mixed into boiled rice with homemade yoghurt coleslaw works well for me as a quick lunch. (Something I might try sometime)!!!

-VR
Straight from the shell was good. Had them in France. I've never seen that in the UK.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
17 Feb 21

oysters give me the trots

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
17 Feb 21

Vodka please Barsteward. Had to hack an undesirable and shake a few hands?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Feb 21

@relentless-red said
Straight from the shell was good. Had them in France. I've never seen that in the UK.
Does the UK have oysters?

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
17 Feb 21

@very-rusty said
Does the UK have oysters?

-VR
google has some interesting info on oysters in the UK
worth reading