The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22d

@Very-Rusty said
I could have bought it back in the early 70's when it was betwee3n 40.00 and 50.00 dollars an ounce. My brother-in-law at the time told me it would be a great investment. I didn't listen to him, now I kick myself for not doing so. Sometimes being stubborn is not a good thing. 🙂

-VR
Why oh why didn't I buy in the early 70's!

The LBMA (PM) gold price ended 2023 at US$2,078.4/oz – a record high year-end close – generating an annual return of 15%. The average 2023 gold price of US$1,940.54 /oz – also a record – was 8% higher than 2022. Q4 gold demand of 1,150t (excluding OTC and stock flows) was 8% above the five-year average. Jan 31, 2024

-VR 😢

Gothenburg

Moves
22d

@Very-Rusty said
Why oh why didn't I buy in the early 70's!

The LBMA (PM) gold price ended 2023 at US$2,078.4/oz – a record high year-end close – generating an annual return of 15%. The average 2023 gold price of US$1,940.54 /oz – also a record – was 8% higher than 2022. Q4 gold demand of 1,150t (excluding OTC and stock flows) was 8% above the five-year average. Jan 31, 2024

-VR 😢
What would you have done with the extra money? Would it have improved your life quality?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22d

@Torunn said
What would you have done with the extra money? Would it have improved your life quality?
Well that would have depended on how many ounces I bought at that time. If I had bought thousands of dollars worth, indeed it could have changed many things. I've always said Money is power! I should have listened to my brother-in-law at the time he had followed the stock market for many years. I was very young and set in my ways, figured it was just a fleeting thing. I've never been so wrong about anything in my life.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
22d

@Very-Rusty said
Well that would have depended on how many ounces I bought at that time. If I had bought thousands of dollars worth, indeed it could have changed many things. I've always said Money is power! I should have listened to my brother-in-law at the time he had followed the stock market for many years. I was very young and set in my ways, figured it was just a fleeting thing. I've never been so wrong about anything in my life.

-VR
But all in all you are a happy man, happily married too. What extra would more money give?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22d
1 edit

@Torunn said
But all in all you are a happy man, happily married too. What extra would more money give?
A little more to give to Charity, but lets not go there. I am sure everyone gives what they can at least those who can give. I dislike seeing people go without.

Gooster, chasing me around giving me the thumb down or his buddy about to get the boot sooner or later. 🙂

-VR

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
22d

Do you have a Walmart in Halifax...? How's this:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/25x1-gram-Gold-Bar-Multigram-25-In-Assay/[WORD TOO LONG].ds&msclkid=7a1ef947e3731fc8f9a79f15622b5eeb

that will be too long, I bet.

Anyway,
25x1 gram Gold Bar Multigram+25 (In Assay)

Free shipping
$2,191.48

so you can expect to pay around $99 per 1 gram bar,

ENGLAND

Moves
21d
2 edits

* door slams open *
* a breathless divegeester enters dragging one heavy leg *
* he shakes off the clinging Rusty Pup *

So… is this where all you chamber guys are hanging out now?

Gothenburg

Moves
21d

@divegeester said
* door slams open *
* a breathless divegeester enters dragging one heavy leg *
* he shakes off the clinging Rusty Pup *

So… is this where all you chamber guys are hanging out now?
Those of us who were part of the Tavern from the beginning seem to still be here.

ENGLAND

Moves
21d

@Torunn said
Those of us who were part of the Tavern from the beginning seem to still be here.
* divegeester looks quizzically at random comment *

Thanks for that info… are you serving here?

Gothenburg

Moves
21d

@divegeester said
* divegeester looks quizzically at random comment *

Thanks for that info… are you serving here?
Not today, this is my day off.

ENGLAND

Moves
21d

@Torunn said
Not today, this is my day off.
* a chilly vibe breezes through *

Ah ok, sorry that chair is taken strange lady with random info; my pup Rusty can’t sit on the floor.

Gothenburg

Moves
21d

@divegeester said
* a chilly vibe breezes through *

Ah ok, sorry that chair is taken strange lady with random info; my pup Rusty can’t sit on the floor.
I'm waiting to be served at the bar so any vacant chair is ok.

ENGLAND

Moves
21d
1 edit

@Torunn said
I'm waiting to be served at the bar so any vacant chair is ok.
I’m waiting to be served too, what the heck is going on here.

It’s a very quiet somber mood in here … has someone been cryogenically frozen?

Gothenburg

Moves
21d

@divegeester said
I’m waiting to be served too, what the heck is going on here.

It’s a very quiet somber mood in here … has someone been cryogenically frozen?
Not that I know of - I'm waiting for Stees to return from the golf course, very pleased with himself for a good round of golf.

ENGLAND

Moves
21d

@Torunn said
Not that I know of - I'm waiting for Stees to return from the golf course, very pleased with himself for a good round of golf.
You’re waiting for Stees, is he the only barman here then?

I’m helping myself!